*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306512-Heir-to-Prometheus
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2306512
Antonius defies the Lillan Imperium and gives fire to humanity
Antonius was able to secure a time vehicle for a short period of time. He chose to travel to Earth about 1.5 million BC to the dawn of humanity. He picked up his slightly older self, who had already spent time in the past, then had his older self drop him off so he could carry out his mission. He only had the time vehicle for a short time, and this technique allowed him to spend more time in the past.

The Lillan civilization was located in another galaxy and had achieved mastery over time and space. They looked identical in appearance to humans, but couldn’t procreate with them because of their differing DNA structure. Antonius was bored with this utopian society and sought to help more primitive civilizations. He taught ancient humans how to make fire. This would speed up their technological development by many millennia.

He spent many years in Earth’s past, and journeyed to different areas of the planet where he could teach Homo Erectus how to make and tend fires. When his younger self picked him up, he dropped his younger self off to begin his mission, and went back to his own world and time.

Not long after returning the time vehicle, he found himself facing a judge in a courtroom for tampering with the history of primitive civilizations. He was sentenced to prison for a period of time, but since the ruling wasn’t permanent, he wasn’t miniaturized and sent to Lillitopia. Much like Prometheus, he was punished for giving the gift of fire to ancient humans.

When he was in prison, he heard about a terrorist group known as the Death Matrix trying to overthrow the government. A beautiful young woman named Regina was the heir apparent of the group after her father and other relatives were miniaturized and sent to Lillitopia. They had been in control of the movement prior to getting punished.

Antonius made up his mind, that when he got out of prison, he would train to become an electrician. He would build weapons for the terrorist group, in an effort to avenge himself against the Lillan Imperium for punishing him for his good deeds, and to woo Regina.

The End

© Copyright 2023 Riverd0g (samuelorona at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306512-Heir-to-Prometheus