*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306560-The-universe
by Ace
Rated: 13+ · Novel · LGBTQ+ · #2306560
Two besties face different hardships in life, a abusive boyfriend, a troublesome family.

“Lénore’s coming to get me.” Amora says to the principal’s assistant
“ She always does. Jayden isn’t coming? Again? « The assistant drops this question in the air, knowing the answer
« it’s fine, he’s hanging out with the boys. It’s really fine, sensing the assistant’s face, Lénore will be here. I can always count on her.” She says this so confidently it gives the assistant reassurance to continue with their plan.
“ So, just a speculation, stalling ‘cause they’re kinda scared to continue, I know you’re bi. Is there anything with Lénore? You said your self you can always count on her, she cheers you up, makes you laugh, offers to beat up anyone who makes you feel anything but happy & loved, even though we all know she’s a cinnamon roll. But she says this with such conviction, you almost think she can do it. I know you’re gonna say y’all are besties, but I’ve seen y’all that’s not bestie love, that’s love love. »the assistant
finishes off staring at Amora with slightly haunting eyes, waiting for their answer.
“ I-I-I” Amora stammers, trying to process all that
Lénore walks in
“Where she at?” she asks with a tone only the bestie of a troublemaker could have.
“Thank god” Amora mumbles under her breath. She goes to stand up and her light blue jeans get stuck on the chair. Lénore catches her, and for a few moments holds her in a dip position, but Lénore falters under Amora‘s weight and they end up on the floor on top of each other. Lénore stares straight into Amora’s eyes, feeling the tension but unable to look away. Amora tries to look away, but somehow can’t, it’s like she can feel the universe forcing her to stare back into Lénore’s eyes. They stare into each other’s eyes for what seems to be forever. Like she’s outside of her body watching this happen, Amora can feel herself leaning into Lénore. They’re lips touch, Lénore starts to lean into Amora, just as it seems like they’re about to, the assistant clears their throat. The assistant doesn’t mind the PDA, but still needs to dismiss Amora. Amora jumps up, bringing Lénore up with her.
“ So, Amora, you’re free to go, try not to be in here again today.” She says this as if nothing happened, but gives Amora an almost unnoticeable wink. Amora and Lénore walk down the hall silently, neither sure if it’s awkward or tense, or both. Just as Amora was about to bring it up, the bell rings. The teacher started rambling on about something new in math, yelling at the boys in the back, but Amora didn’t care, she couldn’t take her eyes off Lénore. She had never fully comprehend her beauty before, now she couldn’t look away. Her fluffy coiled hair, black as the night, her eyes as blue as the river when they went kayaking, her skin the color of the dead grass they used to love to roll around in as little kids. She also noticed her jewelry, realizing for the first time in awhile that the friendship bracelet on Lénore’s wrist is the same one she made her in kindergarten. After school Lénore doesn’t come over as usual, she tells her parents she has family stuff. Her parents know this is a lie, but they don’t say anything, figuring it’s just Jayden drama she needs to process. The next day Amora walked into school with a plan, she’s going to grab Lénore, go to they’ve secret spot, and take about what happened. As soon as she walks into school she gets Lénore and brings her to their secret spot, the janitor’s closest. Amora is about to start talking, when she sees Lénore’s face and was cut short by her beauty. Taken aback by her beauty, and acting on instinct, Amora grabs Lénore and puts her whole into the kiss. It was the most intense, memorizing, and amazing kiss either of them had ever experienced. Amora woke up in a sweat, it was just a dream. A question screamed in her head: Did she want it to be real? She was thinking about this until she heard the doorbell, then she remembered. This weekend Lénore was coming with her family to a ski resort. They’d done this before, but this felt different. Amora came downstairs to find Lénore waiting for her, she felt faint. She flopped down in a chair, waiting for her parents to get ready.
“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Lénore said, expecting it to be about Jayden, her boyfriend.
“Nothing” Amora says way too quickly
“Amora, tell me.” She says in the same slightly threatening tone she always has when Jayden does something.
“Just a really weird, and, unsettling dream.” She says while lifting her head off the counter.
© Copyright 2023 Ace (noelle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306560-The-universe