*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306635-Prep-25---Plot-Twist
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Activity · #2306635
Creating Plot Twists
Prep 25 - Plot: Literary Devices ?
(1) Brainstorm viable solutions to your conflict and complications using the list of literary devices below or your ideas.
(2) Identify a mentor or helper who aids the protagonist(s) achieve their goals.
(3) Identify any other literary devices from the list you could use to enhance your writing.

Foreshadowing: Hints of something to come.
Plot Twist: Surprises the reader with something unexpected.
Red Herring: A false trail diverts the reader's attention from what happened.
Irony: The exact opposite of what the reader expects happens.
Reveal: A hidden connection between characters or facts is revealed in time.
Plot Device: This advances the plot forward, often pushing the main characters past a hurdle.
         In          the capital city, two friends of the anti-heroes sacrifice          themselves for the good of the people of the land. However, Lilhi          Roonder sells out the trio to save her husband, Havemane Roonder's          life.
Irony-
                   Without her husband's knowledge, Lilhi makes a deal with the Captain of the Guard to share where the Captain could find Quinn, Galvin, and Meira so her husband, and she can go free unharmed and back to their inn without any further repercussions. The Captain states that if they capture the trio, it is a deal.
                   Lilhi shares one of the safe house's locations and waits for the Captain to return. After a tense two hours, the Captain and lieutenant return. They captured the trio without incident. The husband was released as promised; however, they need someone to answer for being a spy, so Lilhi is killed.


         Tawl,          the Demon that once possessed Meira, weakens and influences Galvin          without his knowledge until it is too late.
Plot Twist -


         An          Ogre uprising against the capital city occurs right after the          anti-heroes enter the city. The town is locked down, and anyone on          the street who is not in the Imperial Guard is immediately killed,          no questions asked.
Plot Device


         With          Galvin's reputation growing with each new win, more powerful Wizards          seek him and test how mighty the One Armed Wizard is. With each          duel, their group becomes less secretive.
Red Herring




         The          relationship between Quinn and Meira is undeniably growing. Galvin          is worried it will interfere with what must happen. He fears he may          have to do what he and Danduil discussed.
Foreshadowing

© Copyright 2023 J.R. PETE (jtpete86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306635-Prep-25---Plot-Twist