*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306661-Prep-27-Character-Protagonist-Interview
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Activity · #2306661
Three Protagonist Interviews for Prep,
Prep 27 - Character: Protagonist Interview ?
You are a journalist. The story of your novel is complete. Interview your protagonists and ask the following questions:
(1) The story changes you. How is life for you now compared to life before these events?
(2) How did the events affect you?


Galvin - formerly known as Zast:
I am tired. So many died because of my deeds. I knew what I had to do before I began, I knew. We beat the "villain," I guess. Are all those innocent lives worth it? Our friend's lives?
We all lost something. Quinn. Meira. Me. You can see what I lost, at least on the outside. The arm is the least of what I lost. It's nothing - inconsequential. My training took twenty-five years of my life, within six months. The first win made the Pact and took my Soul, and now I am hunting the demon who owns it to make another deal to get it back.
How is my life different? I was ignorant of what was out there. Monsters and demons aren't under the bed or in stories. They are standing next to you. Sometimes, they're inside of you. Worse, sometimes it is you, and you enjoy being one.


Meira:
I appreciate this opportunity to begin to make this, well, not right, but better.
I didn't think I would ever see this day happen. When the Demon Tawl possessed her, she had no control and wanted death. When liberated, I am told to assist Quinn and Galvin.
After making it to the Throne room, Galvin and I watched for any internal interference while Quinn took care of his father, the King. I am glad there were two of us there; four guards appeared from two secret passageways and attacked Quinn as one. They may not have seen Galvin and me because they were surprised when Galvin cast Slow on them. It was quick work to finish the job after that. We gated out of and into Galvin's Sanctuary.
The events have changed me profoundly. I am a changed woman. I am no longer the spoiled elf girl everyone hated. I have many people I need to apologize to and show that I have matured. Then I need to take care of my Da. He is in the Medic Ward and bad shape.


Quinn:
The closer I got to the Palace, the stronger the pull from my blade, Bloodweep. The curse knew its fulfillment was drawing near. The mark (on my palm) was throbbing, urging me to go faster. But I couldn't run. We were going through the Palace and nearing the Military Ward. The sword is sheathed inside my cloak so no one would see the bright green glow emitted from the blade.
When we were done and teleporting away, the only emotion I felt was for my Mem and how much I missed her.
I killed my Gre-Da. Drove the cursed blade, Bloodweep, straight into his heart, watched as the edge burned brightly until his body was nothing but ashes, then walked away, felt nothing. Still feel nothing. My feeling for him died









© Copyright 2023 J.R. PETE (jtpete86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306661-Prep-27-Character-Protagonist-Interview