*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306790-Prep-31-Premis-Revision
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Contest · #2306790
Plot Premise Revision
         
         
Prep 31 - Plot Premise Revision ?
Now that you have spent a month planning your novel revise your initial premise. Identify the following:
(1) Setting(s). Where does your story take place?
(2) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
(2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the Protagonist's major flaw(s)?
(2c) Goal(s). What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)?
(3) Conflict(s). What's keeping them from their goal(s)?
(4) Antagonist(s). Who or what is creating the conflict(s)?
(5) Resolution. How does it all turn out in the end?
(6) Theme: What is the theme or moral of the story?
(7) Outline: Update your outline as needed.



Previous Premise Statement
Adj noun          reluctant anti-heroes
Goal                    defeat king
Situation          three from different paths come together to defeat the malevolent King.
Special One of them had a demon in it.


Premise Statement:
Three reluctant anti-heroes come together with their agendas to defeat the malevolent King; one has Demonic powers.


         Setting(s).          Where does your story take place?
Oriashire - Titania Academy of Magicks and Higher Academics
         The story begins in this setting with Quinn and Zast getting their separate work assignments.
          Klence - Elven City
                   At her Palace in the Eleven City, Meira's Secretary, Miseris, glanced at the stranger, "Who are you, and how did you get past a locked door and three guards? I should warn you; this house isn't easy to rob."
          "I assure you, I am not here to rob you. I am here to speak with you, Meira Heijor, daughter of Halrond Heijor and Nyhadora Heijor." The stranger said.
          "If you think I am impressed because you know who my parents are, I'm not," Meira smirked. "Just looking at your ripped robe, tattered hat, and scuffed boots, I would say you are either a Wizard or a beggar. Or both. If you want a handout, Miseris will take you to the kitchen for a hot meal and clean clothes."
          The old man smiled and said, "A hot meal does sound good, but we have business and need to tend to first. You have something I need.
          "Well, it is better you just leave then because if I don't like it, you won't get it. Just take the free meal and go, and nothing will happen to you." Meira turns back to search for the scrolls she needs before being interrupted.
          The older man stood there, not moving. Miseris attempted to escort him out several times, but he kindly denied, "No, thank you. I will wait for your Mistress to complete her task of looking for the Null Spell."
          "How did you know I was looking for that spell? Who exactly are you?"
          "I am called Dhisorin Aquam Nadiois Dhestrum Ubarin Iphiar Lexar. But you may call me Danduil."
          "I have heard of the Wizard Danduil. If you are he, what are you doing here?"
          "You and I have important matters to discuss."
          Meira raised her eyebrow in query. Addressing Miseris, "Please bring some of those delicious tea cookies you make and tea, please."
          Brightening to the compliment, "Of course, Mistress." Curtseying, she left the room and closed the door behind her.
          "Now that we are alone, Wizard, what are you after?" Meira asked directly.
          "Well, indeed, I was looking forward to biscuits and tea. However, we can speak of my other business as well." He approached her most comfortable chair, usually used solely by her when doing research, and sat down. "Exactly how long have you been a Tawl?
          The question is not what Meira expected. She quickly regained her exposure and replied, "I'm sorry, your question left me dumbfounded. What exactly is a Tawl? Is it some slang for trollop? Because, sir, if it is, I assure you, I am not, and I would have to ask you to apologize and leave for such an insult."
          "No, I did not misspeak. You and I know very well you know what a Tawl represents. Your Da's Gre-Mem cursed your Mem before you were born. You are an innocent victim. You have no choice in who you are and what you do."
          Dropping all pretense, "You know nothing about me, Wizard. You have no idea of my pain, suffering, and torment. The continued loss, I feel. The loneliness. I feel bitter anger, resentment, and even hatred daily."
          Wizard Danduil thought for a moment before speaking. "You are correct. I was unaware of your anger toward those people. You were indeed wronged. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about them."
          "Them? There is no Them? It is ME I feel this way about. You were right. It is a curse. I am cursed. It drives me. It compels me to behave the way I am. I am its slave. I don't control it; it controls me. Right now, I want to lash out and attack you. Kill you. Relish in the pain and suffering I would cause."
          "That is why I am here. Let it out. I need to talk to the other you."
          "No, you don't want her out. She is evil and only wants to learn new information and kill."
          "Let her out."
          "No, Please." Meira was now crying. Her restraint on the Tawl was growing weaker.
          "Come to me, Tawl."
          Hello Wizard. Want to play?
          "I am here to bargain a release."
          Why would I give up such a host? I was given this in a fair trade. It has been amusing seeing her and others suffer.
          "Your time in this realm has ended. You can leave unaided, or I can force you out. If I do, you will be so weakened that the lesser demons will destroy you when you reach your realm. It matters not to me."
          You have no skill to send me back. You are bluffing. I may consume your Soul instead. Wizards taste much better because of all the Souls they have consumed through duels.
          "I will ask only once more, Demon, leave or be sent. This is an innocent, and your possession will no longer be tolerated."
          The Demon struck before Danduil had the opportunity to react. A spray of green acid emerged from Meira's hands toward Danduil, striking his robes and chair where he sat. A few drops landed on his hands and burned small holes into his flesh, causing blood to pool.
          Danduil quickly rose from the chair, knocking it backward, and pulled out a long sword. Magical glyphs formed on the blade's flat surface burst into a bright blue-green flame. Seeing this, the Tawl made a throaty hiss.
          How did you acquire the Mythic Blade of Hellfire? Only Unholy Arch Demone Srehyrpe is said to know how to wield it.
          "Who do you think taught him?" Placing three fingers across the hilt, moving down to the blade, and rapidly touching specific glyphs, the blade's coloring turned from blue-green flame to red-orange.
          Seeing the Demon call forth a black blade dripping a tar-like substance of his own, Danduil cautiously approached.
          Impressive for a mortal. Your blade will be useful in my arsenal, the Demon gloated.
          Instead of replying, the Wizard started by feinting a high attack, then quickly switched to a low strike. Caught off guard, the Demon received a spectral wound across the stomach.
          Wound me, wound her.
          "This weapon is designed for non-material realms. Meira's physical form will not suffer any harm."
          Angered by the information, the Demon rushes Danduil with the black blade held high, bringing it downward when it is within range of his body.
          Danduil brings his sword to block the oncoming black blade, and the clashing of blades fills the air as the two combatants engage in combat. Just as powerful, the Demon swings his blade around the red-orange sword to meet the waiting flesh, only to be parried by the skilled swordsmen. The Demon becomes frustrated because his once easy target has become the better swordsman.
          Danduil sees an opportunity: he thrusts his blade once-twice in rapid succession and catches the Demon off guard, leaving him mortally wounded.
          "You are done. Leave now, and I will not bind you. Stay, and I will exorcise you."
          Why do you care about this one? She is a no-one. Not even the one who professed to care about her wants her. There is nothing special about her except me.
          He was stabbing the Demon in the chest and turning the blade until the Demon left the body. Meira collapses. Danduil catches her, places her in the big chair, and checks his pulse to ensure she is still alive. Satisfied the blade did not harm her physically, he covers her up and prepares to leave.
          "Sleep now, little princess. When you awake, remember this: find your way to Nilshire. You must join the Goddesses' Champion and the Death Wizard."
         Zheuct - Hidden Mountains
          The location where Zast went for his Wizard training. Only those gifted with Magick may find it. A powerful spell is cast, and he learns spells much faster. What would take thirty years takes him eleven months. His graduation day consists of dueling another Wizard. Zast wins, but at the cost of having his left arm removed by a powerful explosion. As with tradition, he changes his name. Zast died that day. Galvin is born.
          Dhurbuldor - Dwarf City
         After Quinn is cursed by his Da's quest, he goes to the city of the Dwarves to hire mercenaries to help him beat his grandfather. Before he is taken seriously, dwarves challenge him to combat to show if he is worthy of leadership. After several duels, Quinn is victorious in all but one battle. Despite his wins, the Dwarven Leadership will not allow anyone to help. On his way out, Quinn is given an enchanted ring.
          Hebsacki - Twilight Forest
         Galvin has gone into the Twilight Forest several times through his travels, even though the Unseelie Court claims the domain. When he initially ventured in, he was challenged repeatedly until it was discovered that he was unbeatable, even when they would cheat. He soon approached the Court and petitioned the Court for unhindered passage, and he would stop devastating their woodland areas. Instead, he met with the Seelie Court. When he arrived at the secluded Palace, he discovered both Courts were present, the Seelie and Unseelie Court. During the Meeting/Ritual, he is informed that his help is needed to heal the land. Strife is coming with a war between the Courts; neither wants this - too much bloodshed. He asks the cause and is told Evil has poisoned the Elf king, and it is spreading throughout the land. The King must die. However, his Wizard must be taken care of first. A Demon Warrior and Goddesses' Champion will meet him at the Palace.




          Oketa - Dark Forest
         After Quinn leaves the city of the Dwarves, he ventures into the Dark Forest. He soon came upon the Iron Dwarves, kin to the Dhubuldor dwarves. When he arrived at their village, the ring given to him began to glow. This signal indicated Quinn was a friend of the Dwarven Clans and was trusted. Quinn walks to an undisclosed location in the Dark Forest. Taking hidden tunnels and forgotten paths by Men, Quinn soon finds himself on the outskirts of the Capital City. His fated meeting with the Death Wizard and the Demon Warrior is nigh.
          Nilshire - Capital City
         Where          the King is located and stays throughout the story
         King          sends out the High Guard to kill all those who help the three          fugitives rumored to be making their way to the Capital City. There          is no description of the fugitives except that they are called the          Death Wizard, Demon Warrior, and the Goddesses' Champion.
          Protagonist(s).          Who is(are) your main character(s)?
          Quinn - The Goddesses' Champion
          Galvin - The Death Wizard
          Meira - The Demon Warrior
         (2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the Protagonist's major flaw(s)?
                   Quinn - Quinn has anger issues. He blames his Gre-Da for the death of his Da. He believes his Da would still be alive if his Gre-Dan had left him alone, and his Da would not have made the Pact with the Goddess.
                   Galvin - Galvin is unsure of his Wizard powers. When he goes by his gut instincts, he does well. When he has time to overthink, he over-analyzes every situation. He believes he has beaten the other Wizards because they weren't perfect.
                   Meira - Meira believes the Demon was never wholly banished. She feels she can sense the Demon's presence within her, forcing her to make bad decisions, hurting innocents, and inaction.
(2c) Goal(s). What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)?
         Quinn - Quinn wants to avenge his Da's death; he wants to have the Curse lifted; and, secretly, he wants to pursue Meira.
         Galvin - Wants to stop dueling and start researching spells. He hadn't considered regrowing his lost arm because Danduil said it was impossible.
         Meira - Meira feels broken. She considers herself beyond redemption because of being possessed by the Demon. She loves Quinn but does not believe he will ever feel the same.
         
         Conflict(s).          What's keeping them from their goal(s)?
         Quinn - Quinn's anger clouds his judgment, and he tends to make flash decisions. He does not work well alone because no one else can bounce ideas off, such as in a group.
         Galvin - Galvin's inability to decide when given the opportunity is his fault. He can't be beaten when he is forced to use gut instinct. His decision-making skills were traded for speed and accuracy instead of timeliness and correctness.
         Meira - Meira feels unworthy of human kindness and affection of any kind. She believes she be treated as if she still had the Demon within her. No one thinks this, and anyone who tries to get close to her, even Galvin and Quinn, is pushed away.


         Antagonist(s).          Who or what is creating the conflict(s)?
          Jairan Umor Retep Oxyaug, III, King of Whaiger. Quinn's estranged father.
          Jemeax Agrophior Wokron Xemaxx (Jawx) - Wizard of King Oxyaug. Before anyone can get to the King, he must get past him. Many dead people litter the floors and walls of the chamber. This Wizard had a Telling to fear only one other--a Wizard named Zast.
          An unnamed woman is waiting in the chamber with the Wizard. It is the possessed person of Tawl. He wants revenge on Meira.
         Resolution:          How does it turn out in the end?
Galvin - Duels the other Wizard to a virtual standstill. The other Wizard grows bold and states he thought Galvin would be more formidable and does not live up to his reputation. He keeps goading him until Galvin casts a simple spell that the other Wizard isn't expecting and kills him with an astonished look on his face.


Meira - Unsettled to see the Demon there, she thought it was destroyed. She goes over what occurred and remembers the Mythic Blade of Hellfire killed the Demon. Nothing, and no one, could have sent the Demon back to the realm. Meira then believed the Demon was a figment of her guilt.


         Theme:          What is the theme or moral of the story?


The moral of the story will depend on the Protagonist:


Quinn - No one can control how you finish a task but you.          


Meira - To overcome adversity, effort, and sacrifice must be given freely.


Gavin - Never underestimate your resolve to complete a task when there is no choice but to succeed.


         
Outline:          Update your strategy as needed.
{Bitem: 2306638}
                   
         

© Copyright 2023 J.R. PETE (jtpete86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306790-Prep-31-Premis-Revision