*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306964-3-Strange-Things
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by D.B.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #2306964
31 Days of Halloween day 20
Here are three strange/slightly spooky things that have happened to me over the years:

For my 21st birthday, I was at a Chinese restaurant with some of my family. When it came time to read my fortune cookie and I opened it, it read "Life doesn't end at 21, it only gets better." No one had mentioned I was there for my birthday, much less my 21st.
Note: my life did get a little better in some ways, but like everyone's life, it has had its very tough moments. Still I thought it was kind of neat/odd that the fortune cookie said that.

One morning, as I was waking up, I heard my younger son clearly call my name. And when I say name, I mean my first name and not mom. The strange thing is he had not called me by my first name in years, although when he was little he did. But his voice sounded as grown up as he is now. I went to his room and asked him what he needed and he groggily replied he had not called me.
It did not happen again, but I will likely never forget about it.

A few years ago I had a dream about a celebrity who was deceased. I had come across on the internet a list of old shows I liked and she was on one of them, so I guess that's why I dreamed about her. In real life, her fiance was a policeman who died in the 9/11 attacks. Afterward she was on a downward spiral and shortly after he died she died as well. from complications of alcoholism. I had never seen a picture of her fiance. In my dream, she and a dark-haired and mustached man were playing frisbee in a yard next to mine. They said hi to me and looked very happy. Out of curiosity later I watched a Youtube video about her story and it showed a picture of her fiance. He looked like an older version of the man I saw in the dream. His hair was shorter and grayer, but he did have a mustache, as in the dream.

So those are some random weird moments I've had that I thought I'd share. There are many more, some milder and some more outrageous, but those are a few of the more interesting ones.
© Copyright 2023 D.B. (fishbone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306964-3-Strange-Things