*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306965-Typical-Day-in-Lillitopia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2306965
Contest round three Oct Nano Prep 2023
The Ocean was calm on a bright sunny day. The waves hit the beach with a gentle rustling sound, and the salty air left a mild fragrance in the air. On the land, monorails about a foot high constructed for miniature people stretched across the landscape. Aquaducts brought water from a higher elevation to the power plant located on the outskirts of the miniature community. Six reactors about three feet high were arranged hexagonally, and only two at a time were functioning. The reactors couldn’t stay on indefinitely, so when two powered down, another two powered up. The water was used to isolate hydrogen and make deuterium and tritium, necessary isotopes for nuclear fusion.

The people of this civilization stood one centimeter tall, on average. They went about their day, oblivious to the need for food or water, because they were immortal. They spent their time observing different analogs of Earth, as a form of entertainment.

Solar cruisers flew across the sky. They were small flying vehicles piloted by the tiny people that had solar panels on the wings, and four electric motors on each corner of the vehicle that powered propellers that kept the vehicles aloft. A fifth propeller in the rear sent the vehicles forward. There were dozens of them visible across the blue skies of Lillitopia.
© Copyright 2023 Riverd0g (samuelorona at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306965-Typical-Day-in-Lillitopia