*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307084-random-thoughts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sielov
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #2307084
I don't think I'm smart, I just think in weird ways.
Why does the world care about what men tell them is true? Why don’t men seek truth for themselves, rather than put trust into groups to tell them what the truth is? Simply put, men haven’t the time nor resources to discover the truth. Truth, therefore, can be constructed falsely. Facts packaged together to tell a lie. This is the reality of media, and the more people realize that one media has lied to them they turn to another media.



What, then, is the truth? Simply put, no one knows the truth. It isn’t attainable because truth, in its very nature, is a lie. Our fundamental reality exists as a perception, and one which cannot be proven. It is a thing we agree on, and yet not all share the same reality. Those whose reality is opposed to the common perception are ill, sick, idiotic. We, however, understand the truth. Thus, to further the idea of our reality, we impose it on those who don’t want it.



What is our reality? Our reality is whatever others make of it, and whatever we make of it. In the United States, we criticize our government for its failings then promote spreading our government’s values to those who don’t wish it. Western nations as a whole feel the express need to become the world’s Messiah. To convert those who don’t wish to conform to what we want is essential, and essential results call for any measure. The promotion of our values, and the genocide of other cultural values, is our truth. For this, I am told to be proud, and yet what I am told to be proud of is a plot of land owned by people. And people, I am afraid, aren’t truthful.



What is pride? It is something which men use to celebrate themselves through factors facilitated through abstract thought. Pride in one’s nation comes from the outside, and it comes from the mind. A man’s mind invented national pride, and we take it as fact that this pride is simply good and natural. How then, did the men of pre-civilization take pride? They drew no borders, they waged no large wars against people, they signed no treaties. Why do we need pride?



Pride in a nationality, race, faith, or ideology is a means of controlling large groups of people. It unites certain people, but not all. Black pride excludes all other people, white pride excludes all other people, gay pride excludes all other people. In the seeds of unifying division, the seeds of evil form. Seeds of hate through unity, and strength through retaliation and oppression. Nations feel pride because they are told to, because they are given a name, and because they demand their own space.
© Copyright 2023 Sielov (gcl.642 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307084-random-thoughts