*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307277-If-I-Could-Fly-Away
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by HeyRey
Rated: E · Assignment · Activity · #2307277
If you could learn any skill instantly, what would you choose and why? (My answer below)
I'd like to instantly learn how to fly a plane. As an avid traveler, I've been on my fair share of flights. I've always thought flying would be a useful skill to learn. However, due to a lack of time and money, I've never gotten around to taking flight classes.

A New World Of Opportunities

Once I've learned how to fly, I would not only be able to receive my pilots license and get a job, but I would also be able to buy my own plane. A small used plane can cost about the same as a newer sedan. This may seem a little odd, but more and more people are buying planes these days. Some smaller, used planes can cost around the same price as a new car, and I could take out a loan to buy one.

If you'd like to learn more about plane costs, you can check out this post which has a pretty accurate price breakdown of all that goes into owning your own plane.

Now That I've Got The Plane

Once I buy my own plane, I could then use it to fly almost anywhere. Although most smaller planes wouldn't be able to fly overseas to Europe or Asia for example, I could still use it for shorter distances. I could fly anywhere within the United States for a fraction of the price and wait time that I could if I was flying commercial. I could also take people with me, as long as the plane is big enough, and save even more money that way.

At the end of the day, flying and owning your own plane is not the most common or practical thing for most people. However, now that the information is available to me and to others, I might actually take those flight classes after all.
© Copyright 2023 HeyRey (heatherrey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307277-If-I-Could-Fly-Away