*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307458-I-am-not-scared
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2307458
written for daily flash fiction
Prompt for 10/30
Write a story that includes the line: “I’m not scared"

"First Flight

234 words



I am sure that Tiny’s spider web threads were strong enough to hold me, but I gripped on to that dragon’s horn so tight that my knuckles ached. Then I saw her, Majestic, the grandest tree I'd ever seen. She didn't need a mountain top to reach the sky. She grew up there. I could feel her consciousness. I could hear her soothing tones. Her music was hypnotic. "Don't worry Majestic, I am not scared”. I yelled from my mind.

Woodrift had another growth spurt. The horn that I was bound to double in size. The web split. My chair and I ejected. Tiny was caught off balance too and we both sailed wildly through the air. The crystal I wore began to hum. Then My chair righted itself. Tiny landed back on the pouch, suddenly we floated as if we were on a magic carpet, gently towards Majestic ‘s waiting limbs. She folded us onto a tree top landing pad where I could stand comfortably.

“I am worried for Woodrift. How many more times will he grow?” I said aloud.” I only knew him for a few hours, and I like him.”

“Wooddrift cannot hold his form in this dimension any longer, his next growth will propel him into another dimension. He only stayed here to bring you to me. That is why I worried. We owe him our gratitude.” replied the great tree.


"That's a terrible idea
© Copyright 2023 Simply Me (evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307458-I-am-not-scared