*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307546-Technical-Report--Embed-Excel-Tables
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2307546
How to embed Excel table to a static item in WDC
Technical Reports Banner


Exporting an Excel Spreadsheet
to a Writing.Com Static Item



Have you ever wanted to display an Excel table inside a Writing.Com static item? 

It turns out you can!  It's not hard--it just takes a few steps. You have to avoid a couple of Microsoft tripwires on the way, but if you follow the steps you'll have an embedded Excel table in no time!

Here's an example of the kind of table you'll learn how to produce.  This one has links to my author  logo, to my WDC handle, to the first three chapters of one of my novels, and generates a running word count. 



Griffin Logo

Max Griffin 🏳️‍🌈

Chapter

Word Count

Running Word Count

"Chapter 01--Murder on Cabot's Landing

2316

2316

"Chapter 02--Murder on Cabot's Landing

2255

4571

"Chapter 03--Murder on Cabot's Landing

2769

7340




Follow along below, and you'll learn how to produce and update this table.

                                       
How to CREATE a static item with an embedded Excel Table.

STEP ONE. Create and format your table in Excel.

STEP TWO. Embed your table in a Word Document.

STEP THREE.  Use the word document to create a new static item.

STEP FOUR  Dislpaying an embedded spreadheet in an email or another static item.

                                       
How to UPDATE a static item with an embedded Excel Table.
This uses a simplified version of the above steps.

STEP ONE.  Update your Excal Table.

STEP TWO.  Update the Word file your previously saved.

STEP THREE.. Update your static item



© Copyright 2023 Max Griffin 🏳️‍🌈 (mathguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307546-Technical-Report--Embed-Excel-Tables