*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307590-Animal-World
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #2307590
Animal World
Animal world

One day, about five months ago, I received a mysterious package, containing a pair of sunglasses and a cryptic note that read,

“Put these glasses on and see the world as it really is. For Mad Men only.”

The incident reminded me of the movie, “They” in which a man puts on mysterious sunglasses that reveal that many people are, in fact, aliens from another planet.

Curious, I put on the glasses and noticed that everybody around me had been transformed into hideous creatures, straight from his worst nightmares. Everyone transformed into aliens, animals, demons, goblins, ghosts, monsters, wraiths, and zombies.

The soldiers at the base APO had become giant rats in uniforms. the local staff had become wild animals.

I turned on the TV and saw all the politicians on TV were now screaming monkeys screeching at each other. The former president was an orangutan, the current president was a Komodo Dragon. the pundits were all mockingbirds screaming and screeching, mocking the politicians.

The taxi drivers were all wolves. The passengers on the buses and subways were bleating sheep.

His wife was now a tiger, and he looked in the mirror and found that he had been turned into a giant bear. He talked to his best friend during their weekly Zoom session, and they were all bears too.

Finally, I had enough. I took the glasses off, and everybody reverted to their normal shapes and forms. Disgusted, I threw the glasses into the trash saying,

“I have had enough of this false reality.”

NEW PROMPT:

Write a story or poem in which your current world becomes an animal analogy.

Think Animal Farm but to the scale of events in your personal life. Who would you turn into pigs? Who would become cows? What about the chickens? Maybe an ostrich or two?

NEW PrOMPT DUE in 16 hours 33 minutes
(11:59am on Thursday, November 2)

© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307590-Animal-World