*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307841-The-Aces-Return-Secrets-of-the-Spades
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2307841
Friends unite to help a mysterious Spade pursued for his power forging an unbreakable bond
Prologue


Everyone wanted control. It was just nature's way of surviving. And someone in power had a taste of control, usually resulting in them wanting more. That’s what it was like for the others. Spades had all the control. They were the best and the most powerful. Everyone else wanted what they had. Magic capabilities. No one knew why it was just the Spades that had this power, maybe the Jokers knew, but no one knew where they were until they were gone.

The Diamonds made the first move. They attacked. The king sent orders to demolish everything in their path. It didn’t matter if it was someone's home or family. The Clubs fought back valiantly, but in vain. The Hearts joined forces with the Diamonds. They both wanted the power and eventually Clubs joined in as well. All three against the one as they made their way to the land of the Spades.

The Spades fought for the peace they wanted. It was a mighty battle and lasted for years. But the one was no match for the three and soon they perished. The Spades were no more. Magic didn’t exist. The land belonging to the Spades lost all life and it wasn’t long before it became a wasteland. Completely uninhabitable. Some think the Spades had cursed the land before they were killed off.

The other lands were happy. They were equal, but it didn’t last long. The taste of power after defeating one kingdom was too much. All three went to war against one another. Wars lasted years and eventually it dragged on so long that they all forgot why they were fighting.
The Spades quickly became a legend and the fighting slowly stopped, and soon the lands were at peace. No one remembered the Spades, no one remembered the wars. Stories were passed down generation from generation.

The kingdoms lived in their own lands. In their own worlds, only visiting each other when necessary. They hated each other.

© Copyright 2023 Crazy Cakes (crazycakes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307841-The-Aces-Return-Secrets-of-the-Spades