*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307941-Worm-Hole-to-the-Past
Rated: E · Fiction · Scientific · #2307941
Worm Hole to the Past for Writer's Cramp

Worm Hole to the Past Writer’s Cramp

280 words

         I am living at a beachfront home one summer in Mexico. I am an amateur scientist and paranormal researcher at the Cosmos Institute In Berkeley. I had gone to the desert beach resorts along the Mexican coast after hearing rumors of a secret time machine experiment conducted by DARPA that had ripped a hole in time and space, creating a wormhole to the Jurassic era.

         One day, I cross over to a deserted corner of the beach, investigating a mystery that has spooked the locals and tourists alike. There are rumors of monsters on the beach. One corner of the beach is off-limits as the authorities investigate.

          I am asked to come along, and we push along and see in the distance what are dinosaurs. Hundreds of them, and as we walk over we cross through time through the open wormhole shimmering above the beach into the Jurassic era hundreds of millions of years in the distant past. We take photos, and samples of Dino dung, and we manage to capture a few of the smaller species and have to shoot two raptors who get too close.

         We managed to get our samples back over to our world. the dinosaurs have not yet crossed over, but it is just a matter of time as the wormhole appears stable enough.

         Shortly after that, after a monster earthquake triggered by the time machine experiments, dinosaurs started appearing in the streets of the nearby towns and wandered about. Then there was a roar and T Rex came through the wormhole and started attacking shocked humans. People fled back into the damaged homes. Several more raptors came through and started hunting terrified survivors.

         I walked out in the chaos and a raptor came up to me. I stood still, and he became friendly, and I patted him, and he became tame I even got on his back and went for a ride. I became known as Dragon Slayer to the terrified survivors.

The unpublished novel, Jurassic Cruise, is about a Time Machine that ripped open a wormhole to th past with disastrous unintended consequences.  



Write a story or poem based on a lab experiment going wrong.

Use SCIENTIFIC as one of your genres.
© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307941-Worm-Hole-to-the-Past