*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308321-Unveiling-Densenzano-del-Garda-A-Guide
by Karani
Rated: E · Article · Cultural · #2308321
Located just on the southwestern shores of the beautiful Lake Garda in Italy
Unveiling Densenzano del Garda: A Comprehensive Guide
Located just on the southwestern shores of the beautiful Lake Garda in Italy is the pristinely gorgeous town called Densenzano del Garda. Found in the beautiful lakefront promenade Lombardy region, Densenzano del Garda is full of charming architecture and rich history.
Furthermore, I can't fail to mention that this town is an ideal tourist attraction for various reasons. For one, it is only fair to mention a few, like the medieval fortress, spectacular beaches, and the ancient Roman villa.
If you are searching for an ideal tourist destination with an ideal base for exploring nearby charming towns, I recommend visiting Densenzano del Garda. But is this all? Definitely not. There are many things to see, sights and sounds to experience, and more. That's why you have to continue reading this guide.
8 Things to do while visiting Densenzano del Garda
Densenzano del Garda has so much to offer. Depending on your travel plans, you can explore most attractions to enjoy the ultimate Densenzano del Garda authentic experience. Since there are too many of them, I compiled these attractions to give you the best of what the town offers. Enjoy going through them one by one.
         Enjoy          a lovely evening walk along the promenade
If you want to enjoy a relaxing evening walk by yourself or your partner, I recommend doing this at the promenade. It was one of my best experiences while visiting Densenzano del Garda. You will find this promenade along the lakefront, and it's about 3 kilometers long.
You will find the views of Lake Garda not only beautiful but also breathtaking. What is a nice evening walk without a nice cup of coffee? The good news is that you can find coffee shops and restaurants.
I especially loved a taste of the local cuisines from one of the restaurants along the way. There are some shopping boutiques and stores as well. You can purchase some local outfits and souvenirs there. The sight there is stunningly picture-perfect!
         You          can't miss visiting the ancient Roman Villa
You can't afford to take a chance of missing on visiting the ancient Roman Villa while enjoying your stay in Densenzano del Garda. The villa is an amazingly spectacular archaeological site you will find when walking a few steps from the popular historic center.
I found this unique villa especially captivating because it was only a chance to discover in 1921. Some contend that it can even date back to the 1st century CE.
There are plenty of things to do and see here. For instance, you might enjoy exploring the series of rooms there with many ancient frescoes and mosaics. Ideally, these ancient pieces attempt to narrate the habits and life of the Roman age.
Because of the rich history this pristine Roman Villa holds in the Densenzano del Garda town, it was restored to ensure that the history lives on. It was then opened to the public in 2015. Therefore, it would be an incredible way to travel through time and experience ancient Rome.
         Take          time and enjoy the sandy beaches
The lovely Italian town is synonymous with stunning sandy beaches. The Densenzano del Garda's beaches bordering Lake Garda stretch for kilometers. One of the most popular beaches, and certainly the largest, is the Spiaggia d'Oro. You will find the beach short paces from the historic center.
The beach boasts an extensively wide golden sandy beach. There are parasols, comfortable sunbeds, and changing rooms. Diving into Lake Garda and enjoying the beautiful day's sun would be great, especially because of the thrills. Afterward, you can grab a bite from one of the restaurants, enjoy a cup of hot coffee from one of the coffee shops or get lovely beachwear from any shops around.
I had quite limited time to visit all the beaches, but you would plan a longer stay to enjoy most, if not all, of them. The other beaches you can consider exploring in Densenzano del Garda are Spiaggia di Desenzanino, Spiaggia di Rivoltella, and Spiaggia di San Martino della Battaglia.
A common denominator among all these breathtaking beaches is the spectacular views of Lake Garda and clear waters. You will love the host of activities you can do on the beaches, especially watersports like pedal boating, kitesurfing, and windsurfing.
         Savor          the tastes of great wine varieties
If you are a sucker for tasty wine varieties like I am, this is one activity I Know you will be looking forward to. Densenzano del Garda is quite known for the production of incredibly fine wines. There are many wine cellars in the town alone. You will enjoy wines like Bardolino, Lugana, Chiaretto, and Groppello there. The wines made my taste buds explode with taste!
One of the most popular cellars in the area is the Ca' dei Frati Winery, a wonderful producer of high-quality white wines. On the other hand, if you prefer taking red wines like myself, the place to visit is the Zenato Winery. I can recommend trying the Amarone della Valpolicella and the Valpolicella red wines. Just fantastic.
Of course, these aren't the only wineries you can explore. There are plenty more! For instance, others like Avanzi Winery, Sgreva Winery, and Le Chiusure Winery exist. The good news is that all these winners are within the Densenzano del Garda environs. All of them feature tours of their facilities and wine tastings. It is an amazing opportunity to learn all you can about winemaking and tasting the differing great-tasting wines in these parts.
         Rent          a bike and get on a bike tour
If you are a cycling enthusiast, Densenzano del Garda offers multiple possibilities for cycle tourism. You don't have to own a bike to join any of the many cycle tours; there are plenty of places to rent bikes.
The bike tours offer a splendid way to explore the scenic countryside of Densenzano del Garda. I got to chat with some of the cycle enthusiasts, and from what I gathered, the best route is the Garda cycle route. It is one of the best routes because it features fantastic views of Lake Garda, stretching about 140 kilometers--a perfect way to take in the picturesque villages and towns.
However, this doesn't mean that it is the only route you can take. Another ideal pick would be the route crossing the Valtenesi hills. It stretches to the south of Densenzano del Garda. It is a suitable route that you can use to enjoy views of the magnificent olive groves and vineyards. You can also mingle with the locals in the small towns like Moniga del Garda, Padenghe sul Garda, and San del Benaco to have authentic Densenzano del Garda experiences.
         The          local cuisine is to die for
The Densenzano del Garda local cuisine is one you can't afford to sleep on while visiting the town. There are plentiful restaurants in the vicinity offering a wide array of delicacies to please your palate. The local cuisine is an intricate blend of Lombard and Italian cuisine, ultimately offering delicious dishes.
During my trip, I especially loved filling myself up with the popular risotto con lo speedo. This special dish comes with pork, creamy risotto, sausage, and chicken; all served with a grilled meat skewer. However, if pork isn't one of your favorites, you can always try fish. I know you will probably love the torta alla gardenia or risotto con la tinca. The delicious fish servings include freshly fished trout from the lake, and the accompaniments are grilled vegetables and potatoes.
Moreover, the polenta e osei is another mouth-watering dish that features fish based on polenta and comes with game birds like pheasants. Thrushes and quails. After you eat to your fill, I know you'd want to try their amazing dessert offerings like the popular sbrisolona. It is a deliciously crunchy almond-based cake.
         Find          your way to the historic center
The Densenzano del Garda historic center is a place you will find enchantingly rich in history. You will love exploring this center if you have an eye for intricate architectural details like myself. There are loads of picturesque streets, typically narrow. There are also ancient churches and squares.
Once you are at the historic center, you can take some time and find your way to the heart of the center. Here, you will find the famous Piazza Malvezzi. This is a uniquely built large square in the middle of historic buildings and crested with a magnificent central fountain.
The other attractions you would like here are the Cathedral of Densenzano, the Palazzo Todeschini, a Romanesque church dating back to the 12th century, and a beautiful Renaissance palace.
It is an awesome place for lovers on their honeymoon or those looking for romantic getaways to strengthen their bonds. A walk in this center with your partner will have you feeling every sort of emotion as you take in the authentic Italian atmosphere.
         A          boat tour of Lake Garda wouldn't be such a bad idea
How do you visit Densenzano del Garda and not bother taking a boat ride on the famous Lake Garda? I can say with certainty that a boat ride on the lake would be one of the best experiences of your life! One of the best things about these boat tours of the lake is that many companies offer guided boat tours.
Taking a guided boat tour would be a thrilling way to explore the different attractions of Lake Garda. Such attractions include the Baia delle Sirene, Grotte di Catullo, and the city of Sirmione. The stretching panoramic views of Lake Garda and the mountains are breathtaking. You can imagine all these views while enjoying the calming fresh lake breeze and gentle sun.
If you are a great swimmer, which I can't say I am, you would probably love the idea that the tour companies can allow you to dive or swim in the lake.
A typical tour, for example, could be a half-day tour. It can start from the Perschiera del Garda. The tour could feature an expert tour guide and visits to Isola del Garda, Grotte di Catullo, and Jamaica Beach. While on the tour, you can enjoy a light lunch or dive into the clear waters.
Best time to visit Densenzano del Garda
I recommend planning your travel itinerary to visit Densenzano del Garda around late April to mid-October. Densenzano del Garda being a lakeside town means that it would only be ideal to visit during the summer.
During this time, the weather is quite friendly. You can expect warmer temperatures during the day, which average 25C. Sometimes they can go up to 30C.
Inasmuch as Lake Garda is technically a Mountain Lake, the climate is largely Mediterranean. It means that the winters are colder but rarely drop to 0C. You can rest assured that it doesn't snow in the region. Therefore, I recommend steering clear of this region in winter.
However, if you want to visit the region with fewer crowds, the period around February would be it. Areas like Sirmione would be perfect because you could have the whole place for yourself.
How to get to Densenzano del Garda
One of the best things I love about Densenzano del Garda is how easily accessible the town is, unlike other destinations I have visited. There are multiple options to use to access Densenzano del Garda. I met tourists coming in from Milan and Verona easily. Despite the time of the year, you can access the town region effortlessly.
The first option I used and preferred was driving into Densenzano del Garda. If you travel to these regions, you can rent a car to make movements effortless. The alternative would be catching a train because a main train line runs from Verona to Milan. The train schedules are so frequent it's even funny.
Furthermore, Milan and Verona both have international airports. They make it easy for tourists flying it to find their way to Densenzano del Garda. Milan Malpensa international airport has a direct train line to Densenzano del Garda. On the other hand, Verona has connections to shuttle buses from the airport directly to the Verona Train Station. I recommend coming through Verona because it is nearer to Densenzano del Garda than Milan.
If you are coming in internationally, I recommend touching down in Milan and catching a train from the Milan Malpensa airport to Milan Central. From here, you will board a single change heading to the Verona train and straight to Densenzano del Garda.
Summary
After reading this guide of Densenzano del Garda, I hope you will have an easy time planning your travel itinerary soon. When you visit, I hope you will love all the attractions in this guide, the people, the cuisines, and the surroundings. Densenzano del Garda is undoubtedly an incredible destination with incredible people, sights, and sounds. Happy travels!













© Copyright 2023 Karani (karani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308321-Unveiling-Densenzano-del-Garda-A-Guide