*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308387-WIND-BACK
Rated: GC · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2308387
A little girl can wind back time by moving her hand widdershins
Little Suzie Longfellow, just five years old, was out in the backyard playing in the orange sand. Her father was a builder, of sorts, and had sand, cement bags, stacks of scaffolding, iron piping, wheelbarrows, bricklayer's tools, plus some carpenter's tools. Mostly stored in a large brick shed which ran the length of the yard in front of the back fence. A shed that he had built himself, without bothering to get permission or permits from the Maribyrnong City Council.

Jules Peter Longfellow, or J.P. Longfellow his tradie name, had told his daughters many times that the sand was for mixing mortar or concrete, not for playing in. But little Suzie liked to sit in the orange sand with a yellow plastic bucket and pink plastic spade to make sandcastles. She was planning to become a professional sandcastle builder when she grew up. Unaware that there was no call for professional sandcastle builders in the adult world.

She had finished one orange tower of her castle, which she had decided to call 'Bucketham Palace', when she heard the shrill screaming emanating from inside the main house.

Dropping her bucket and spade, not noticing that she had crushed 'Bucketham Palace', she climbed to her feet and raced into the Inner-Outer as they called it. A five-metre thick grey Besser brick extension tacked onto the back of the red brick house. Again without bothering to bring it to the attention of the town council.

Racing through the Inner Outer she ran in through the back doorway of the house -- there was no actual door there yet, her father hadn't got around to installing it in his spare time between working for the Maribyrnong City Council.

Inside the house, she raced past the first bedroom, her room, and stopped at the second door. She pushed it open and stopped it shock, at the sight of her Uncle Leo, naked, on top of her six-year-old sister Bethany, who was also naked.

Leo Longfellow was shoving something like a pink sausage into Beth's pee-pee, which was why she was screaming. Blood gushed out of her pee-pee as Leo thrust up and down on top of her, grunting like a hog as he went.

"Help me!" cried Beth, seeing Suzie standing in the doorway.

"What are you doing to her?" shouted Suzie.

Without stopping thrusting in and out, Leo looked round and said: "Get out, you little cunt! I'll be visiting you later tonight, once your mum and dad are sound asleep."

"Help me!" repeated Beth.

"Get off her!" screamed Suzie.

"Oh God she is so tight!" cried Leo. Then to his niece: "If I have to stop before I'm finished, your little bum will be sore ... and I don't mean from spanking!"

"Get off her!" repeated Suzie.

Roaring with rage, Leo started up from the bed. At first pulling Bethany with him, since his penis was wedged tightly inside her tiny vaginal entrance.

Finally, with a pop, Beth fell back onto the bed crying, and bleeding. And Leo rose off the bed, preparing to whack Suzie across the face with his left hand.

He took a step toward the five-year-old brunette girl. When she suddenly held out her right hand, pointing her index finger at him. She started to wind her hand back in an anti-clockwise fashion.

Leo froze for a second, then in slow-motion he moved back to the bed and climbed back on top of Bethany thrusting, in a strange reverse fashion, finally, the blood started to creep back inside Beth and he pulled out his penis, and her hymen became intact again.

He hurriedly unripped her underwear back onto her, then put on her shirt, socks, and shoes, and untore her favourite pink jumper as he put it back onto her.

Then he began to put back on his own underwear, outer clothing, socks and shoes, before walking backwards out into the hallway, as little Suzie continued to point her right index finger at him, winding it back Widdershins.

Stepping out of his way, she continued winding back, as he reversed down the corridor toward the front door. As he approached it the door swung inward of its own accord opening for him to back out. Forcing Suzie to run forward to sneak under his arm to get outside before Leo could shut, then lock the front door.

Still going backwards, he headed toward the driver's seat of his antique Holden, as Suzie sneaked into the back seat. Again the driver's door opened for him of its own accord, then he sat down and unpushed the door closed.

He put the key into the ignition, started it, pulled out and drove the car backwards down Hannan Street North Williamstown, heading toward the North Williamstown Railway Station in Ferguson Street, which changed into Kororoit Creek Road just past the boom gates.

The gates were down silently clanging as a train reversed out down toward Williamstown Pier Station. The train had hardly passed the gates, when Leo reversed his car down the wrong side of the gates, crossing over onto the wrong side again as he got through, as he often did, foolishly playing chicken with an approaching train, rather than waiting a few seconds to let the train get through then wait for the boom gates to pull up to let the cars back through.

Uncle Leo had always been impatient at anything he wanted. Whether it was driving his ancient car, or molesting five or six-year-old girls.

"This will do," said Suzie, getting out of the back seat.

She walked across the street to stand outside the Rifle Club Hotel, then ran the car back and forth through the boom gates a few times. Winding her hand clockwise to make it go forward, then anticlockwise to make it reverse again.

After doing the experiment six or seven times, she held up the palm of her left hand to hold the car still. Then with her right hand, pointed at the train, she wound her index finger clockwise, making the train smash through the classic car, destroying it, plus the pervert inside it.

Then she unfroze time completely, before turning to walk back down Victoria Street to Hannan Street where she lived. Once considered the pride of North Williamstown with mainly doctors and lawyers living there, Hannan Street was now considered to be in a slum or bad area. When her parents had moved there twenty-five years ago, they had been looked down on for being in the building trade. Now their house, built by Suzie's father was the best house in the street. People actually looked up to them. Unless they were from a better area and were told that the Longfellows lived in Hannan Street. Many did not even know where the once favoured area was.

But none of that bothered Suzie Longfellow. She had managed to save her beautiful blonde sister Bethany from being molested. And had sent the monster down to Hell where child molesters belonged.

Suzie started whistling and skipping along as she made her way back to her home on Hannan Street.



Back at the house, she found Bethany sitting up on her bed, happily colouring in her My Little Pony Colouring Book.

"Are you all right?" asked Suzie.

"Ah duh, why wouldn't I be?" she asked. 'Ah duh" had become one of her favourite expressions since she had heard her beloved Aunt, Cassie, say it a few months back.

"No reason," said Suzie, turning to leave.

"Where have you been?" asked Beth, without stopping her colouring in."

"Doing stuff," said Suzie.

"What stuff?"

"Oh, nothing important," said Suzie. She started whistling again as she skipped back outside, to plonk down on the orange sand to start rebuilding 'Bucketham Palace,' having crushed it earlier.



An hour later their parents came home and called Suzie and Bethany into the lounge room looking solemn.

"I'm afraid your Uncle Leo has been taken up to Heaven," said Vickie, their mother.

Down to Hell more like it! thought Suzie.

"You mean he died?" asked Beth, smarter than her parents gave him credit for.

"Yes, the idiot was playing Chicken with the trains again, and didn't get through in time," said their father, Jules.

"Jules, don't call him an idiot," said Vickie, "the poor bastard is dead."

"Well, he always was the idiot of the family," insisted Jules. "I grew up with him. He was always a shiftless no account. It was just a matter of time before he got himself killed."

"Jules!" protested Vickie. Not aware of just how correct her husband was. Then to Suzie and Bethany, "The funeral is next Saturday at 11:00 AM. Then we'll have lunch there."

"Do you have lunches at funerals?" asked Beth.

"It's called the reception which you have after the funeral, getting to meet fellow mourners," said Vickie: "Other people who loved him."

"Or in your Uncle Leo's case knew him and did their best to avoid him," said their father.

"Jules!" cried Vickie, chagrined.



Later that night, Bethany revealed to Suzie: "I don't know why but I always found Uncle Leo a bit creepy. I'm not sorry he's dead. Is that evil of me."

"No," said Suzie, "frankly I'm glad he's dead. I hope he enjoys it down there in Hell." Although she wasn't totally certain what Hell was.



At the funeral the girls avoided laughing as their creepy uncle's coffin was lowered into the ground, with Vera Lynn singing, "We'll meet again." But neither of them could bring themselves to cry over the creepy bastard.

"They're both still in shock over what happened," opined Vickie Longfellow incorrectly.

"More likely they're just glad that the stupid bastard is out of our house," said Jules, much closer to the truth.

"Jules!" protested Vickie.

At the reception, Vickie was pleased to see that the girls both had a healthy appetite. Especially for Chicken Vol au Vents which both girls had always loved since first tasting them two years ago.

"It's nice to see them both getting over their sadness," said Vickie wistfully.

"More likely, they couldn't care less that the bastard's dead," said Jules: "Just as I couldn't."

"Jules!" said Vickie embarrassed: "Actually he's still in deep shock."

"No, I'm not."

Vickie whispered: "He was your brother for God's sake. Doesn't that mean anything to you?"

"God means a lot to me. But not that no account brother of mine. You didn't know him as well as I did, honey. He was a real prodigal son, a wastrel."



Fortunately, Suzie did not have the need to use her Wind Back powers again for another two years. Until she was in second grade at the Williamstown North Primary School, and found a bitchy fifth grader, named Molly, picking on her constantly.

"Hello, Short Stack," said the strawberry blonde girl, sticking out a leg so that Suzie fell over it in the schoolyard and braised her right knee.

Climbing to her feet, Suzie said: "Drop dead Molly the Moll."

"What'd you call me?" demanded Molly.

"Molly the Moll. That's what everybody calls you." Although in truth Suzie did not know what it meant. But she had overheard big girls warning each other never to say it in front of Molly.

"Is that so?" said Molly, charging after her.

Squealing, Suzie ran straight at the bike rack, turning left at the last second. Hoping that Molly would fall headfirst into the bike rack. Molly did fall over but fell a few centimetres short of the rack.

Climbing back to her feet, Molly rubbed herself down and then said: "You are so dead, Short Stack."

She started to run toward Suzie, however, the seven-year-old stood her ground and pointed her right index finger at the strawberry blonde.

As she started winding back her index finger counter-clockwise, Molly started backing away from her, while the other girls in the playground were all frozen in place.

Putting up her left palm to freeze Molly, she went across to the garden around the corner. After a few seconds, she came back with a broken tree bow, which she placed where the strawberry blonde had tripped. Then she went back to stand near the bicycle rack. Then she unfroze time again.

"You are so dead, Short Stack," said Molly charging at her again. She tripped over the small branch but still fell a centimetre or two short of the rack.

"Damn!" said Suzie, winding back time again.

This time she took away the branch and then kicked away a small rock which Molly had originally fallen over. Then going back round the corner for a moment, she came back with an ancient, muddy brick, which she struggled to carry, and placed it thirty centimetres closer to the bicycle rack.

This time, when Molly chased her, the strawberry blonde went flying through the air. Her head bashed into the bike rack, with enough force to compress her still soft skull, just enough so that her head went between two of the metal rails, trapping her there.

Molly shrieked in agony then yelled: 'Help me, someone! Please help me, I'm stuck!"

"I'll help you," said Suzie, running across to kick the bully in the backside as hard as she could.

Laughing at Molly's predicament, half a dozen of the bully's former friends raced across to have turns kicking her in her generously proportioned rear end.

Molly the bully started to cry. Partly from the pain of being kicked in the backside. But mainly from the knowledge that she had lost serious face, and would never be respected again in the schoolyard. Let alone feared as she had always been.



When the fifth-grade students went back into the classroom, their teacher, Mr Donald, asked: "Where's Molly?"

"The silly bitch got her head stuck in the bike rails," said one of the girls, and the others roared with laughter, not seeing the need to mention Suzie.

Expecting it not to be true, he wandered outside to check and found the usually tough, surely girl crying with her head indeed stuck between two of the rails. Her left ear bleeding badly from where it had almost been torn off.

"How did you get yourself in this predicament?" he asked.

"I fell," said Molly. Not about to increase her lack of face by admitting that a second grader had got the better of her.

"Ooh, you're in a mighty fine position," said Donald, gazing at her full round, panty-clad arse. "If we weren't outside where people could see, I'd be tempted to help myself to your juicy delights."

"I'm telling on you," said Molly.

"Fine, stay there till the end of the school today."

"No, no, I won't tell," said Molly.

"And you'll be especially nice to me from now on, once I get you out of there?"

"Yes, yes, I will," agreed Molly. Unaware that as one stage of her life, as the school bully, had ended another stage was just beginning, as Mr Donald's private sex slave.



It would be another five years before Suzie would have to use her strange powers again. Once more to save her older sister, Bethany.

Suzie was in the first form (seventh grade) at North Williamstown High School, and Beth in the second form. The school was having a swimming and diving meet one Saturday, partway through the first term.

Bethany was one of their most promising divers.

The Longfellows had to sit, bored to tears through the swimming events first. Then there were seven divers ahead of Bethany.

"Am I the only one bored shirtless?" asked Suzie. 'Bored shirtless' was another expression that they had picked up from their beloved Aunt Cassie, Vickie's older sister.

"Honey, don't say that?" said Vickie.

"Why not, Aunt Cassie says it all the time."

"Do you always say whatever Cassie says?"

Suzie thought for a moment, then said: "Usually, we both love Aunt Cassie."

"Well, I'm glad you love Cassie. But the next time she says something new or trendy sounding, be certain to check it out with me or your dad before saying it yourselves."

"All right," said Suzie.

"Oh look," said Vickie: "Bethany is up now."

"At last," said Suzie and Jules together.

Waving to her family, Bethany in a bright blue one-piece swimsuit, raced up the steel ladder to the high diving board. Raced a little too quickly...

Bethany was still three steps from the top when she fell to the concrete path. Splitting open her skull to reveal her brains, and shattering her neck and back.

"Bethan...!" shrieked Vickie.

Suzie already had her right index finger pointed at her older sister and was winding it back anticlockwise to send Beth back up to the top of the tower, then down to the ground down the ladder again.

Now how do I stop her from falling again? she thought. Finally working it out, she wound time back until Bethany started climbing the ladder too quickly again.

Jumping to her feet, Suzie shouted, "Slow down sis, or you'll fall."

Doing as instructed, Beth slowed down, being more careful to hold on to the ladder the second time and reached the tower without falling.

Taking her time she stepped forward and did a goodish dive, falling over backwards as she entered the water so that she got a poor score.

"Oh no, she botched that one," said Vickie.

"Don't worry," said Jules, "she gets another couple of goes."

"And at least she's not dead," said Suzie, before she could stop herself.

"Why did you say that?" asked Vickie, as she and Jules both stared at their youngest daughter.

"Well ... she could have fallen onto the concrete if I hadn't warned her to slow down."

"You are such a loving daughter," said Jules, kissing Suzie on the forehead.

Fortunately, Bethany's second and third dives were perfect. So she qualified for the finals, which she easily won.

As Bethany walked over to them with her trophy, Suzie asked: "Can I hold it for a moment, Sis?"

"No way," said Beth: "Wait till you win your own."

"If that's how you feel, next time I'll let you splatter to the concrete."

"What's she on about?" asked Beth.

"She thinks that she saved your life, by warning you to slow down while climbing the ladder the first time," said Jules. And the three of them had a good laugh at Suzie's expense.

"And after what I've done for her," muttered Suzie, as they started off toward their Volkswagen Golf to head back to Hannan Street.



The next time that Suzie used her powers was a few months later. She was watching her father doing some bricklaying on a day off to try to finish their house.

After spilling some water on his right hand, he reached over and plugged in the concrete mixer cord and got a massive electrical shock. He was hurled backwards onto a stack of grey Besser bricks which fell down onto his head and crotch.

"Oh God!" shrieked Vickie who had been hanging up some washing in the back yard.

She started to race across to her prostrated husband. But stopped when Suzie pointed her right index finger at her father and started to wind it back counter clockwise.

When she had removed her father's injuries, Suzie left both of her parents frozen, while she went across to where the extension cord was plugged in at the wall, and switched it off. She then removed the bucket of water that her father had carelessly spilt across his left hand.

Then checking that neither of her parents would fall over and hurt herself if she restarted time, she risked restarting it.

"What the Hell?" asked Jules when he plugged in the concrete mixer and it didn't start.

"Did you switch it on at the wall?" asked Suzie.

"I thought I did," said her father going to check. He clicked it on, saying: "No, I didn't."

The rest of the day went by without any excitement, to the frustration of the others, and the relief of Suzie.



The next time Suzie had to use her strange powers was five years later. Having learnt by then that adults definitely could not earn a living as professional sandcastle builders, and having shown an aptitude for woodworking in high school, she had been taken on by her mother's brother, Stefan, as a cadet carpenter.

"Well we've had plenty of carpenters in our family before," said Stefan: "But never a female carpenter."

"Is that good news or bad?" asked Suzie.

"Well, according to the dykes who rule us, it's great news," said Stefan drawing laughter from Suzie. But grimaces from her mum and aunt.

"Again with the evil matriarchy stuff," said Stefan's wife, Suzanna, whom Suzie had been named after.

"I always tell it as it is," insisted Stefan.



Disaster struck six months later when Stefan was showing Suzie how to use a bandsaw, and he accidentally sawed off his left arm at the elbow.

"Aaaaaaah!" shrieked Stefan collapsing to the work room floor. Blood gushing from the stump had splattered Suzie from head to foot.

"Stefan!" shrieked Suzanna, racing toward her brutally hurt husband. In her panic, she would have walked into the bandsaw herself.

If Suzie hadn't pointed her right index finger at her uncle and started winding it counter clockwise. she sent Aunt Suzanna racing backwards out into the yard. She kept winding back time until Uncle Stefan's left arm had been restored.

Then she turned off the band saw, unplugged it, and cut off the power cable with an axe. Then she unfroze time again.

"So this is how you use a band saw," said Stefan. He picked up the cord to plug it in, only to find that it came away in his hand.

"Damn, I'll have to send it in for repairs. All right we'll do something else for today."



When the band saw was returned they had fixed the power cord but had also replaced the safety guard.

"The damn thing had almost fallen clean off," said one of the repairmen. "You were just lucky not to have cut off your arm with it."

"Just lucky," agreed Suzie, smiling sweetly.

"Er, yeah," agreed the repairman as Stefan took out his wallet to pay him.



Five years later Bethany raced into the house, all excited.

"It's finally happened," said the beautiful blonde: "I've finally met him."

"Whom?' asked Vicky.

"Mr. Right."

"The old man who runs the chemist's?" asked Suzie.

"No, dimwit, my perfect man."

She opened the front door and signalled for her perfect man to enter. Moderate height and build, he had long, stringy black hair and a real shit-eater grin on his plain face."

"This is your perfect man?" asked Suzie puzzled.

"Yes, isn't he wonderful?" gushed Beth.

"Not quite the word that I would've used for him," said Suzie, who prided herself upon being a good judge of character. She thought: He might be a character, but my instincts tell me that he ain't good."

"He'll grow on you," insisted Beth, as her perfect man Rodney Richards, sneered at Suzie.

"Yeah like wood rot," said Suzie.

"Quiet, squirt," said Beth. Even though Suzie was only one year younger than her and a good five centimetres taller. "His name is Rodney, and I just love him to bits."

"And I just love her to bits," said Rodney, grabbing her backside in front of everyone. Beth squealed, laughing, but no one else seemed amused. "That's my favourite bit."

He and Beth laughed for a moment, then stopped when they realised that no one else was laughing.

"So what do you think?" asked Bethany.

"He's ... nice," said Vickie after struggling to find a word for him.

"He's a creep," said Jules.

"I'm with Dad," said Suzie.

"Oh, you two," said Beth. "No father thinks any man is good enough for his daughters. If it was up to you, Dad, I'd grow to be a lonely old spinster."

"I want you to be happy with a good man, honey..."

"But he ain't one," Suzie finished for her dad.

"Maybe I'd better leave," said Rodney.

"We'll both leave, honey," said Bethany, glaring at her father and sister. "He's perfect, I don't care what you say ... I'm going to marry him. He asked me and I said yes." She held up her ring finger to show a very cheap-looking ring that looked like it had glass, not a diamond."

"Let's go, honey," said Rodney.

"Wait on a minute,' said Jules following them out into the corridor. Then to Bethany: "Can I have a word with him alone?"

"You'd better not threaten him!"

"I don't intend to threaten him, or hurt him in any way."

"Go ahead honey," said Rodney, "I'll be fine."

After Beth had gone out to Rodney's car, Jules took out his chequebook and said: "I'll give you ten grand if you dump my daughter and move interstate."

"How dare you," said Rodney sounding genuinely shocked. "You expect me to dump the woman of my dreams for ten thousand bucks? I wouldn't even consider it. But make it twenty grand and I'll certainly consider it."

"What? You damned gigolo," said Jules, grabbing Rodney by the shirt. Then remembering his pledge to Bethany: "Get out of my house and never come back."

"Suit yourself old timer," said Rodney grinning his shittiest shit-eater grin. Then strolling down toward the front door, as though he thought he was Huggy Bear from the 1970s TV show Starsky and Hutch.



Nearly a hundred people attended the wedding rehearsal, with Bethany looking beautiful in her wedding gown, and Robbie looking attractive, in a sleazy sort of way.

Once the rehearsal was over Jules took Robbie aside and handed him a small slip of paper.

"What's this, old man?" asked Robbie.

"A cheque for $20,000. You said you'd abandon Bethany and go interstate for that much."

Handing back the cheque, Robbie said: "Sorry, old man, but I've fucked her now. And she's a Hell of a bang. That's all I ever wanted in a woman ... my cock. I'm planning to pop her arsehole cherry on our wedding night."

"I'll give you a bang!" shouted Jules, grabbing Robbie by the throat.

"Daddy, let him go!" shouted Beth. "You promised not to hurt him."

"That was then, this is now!" said Jules, making to punch Robbie in his smug face.

"Daddy! If you hit him, I will ban you from being at the wedding!"

Jules, considered for a moment, then reluctantly released his soon-to-be son-in-law.

"Thanks, old man," said Robbie. Hurrying across to his beautiful soon-to-be bride.



At the wedding, Jules offered Robbie another cheque, this time for $30,000.

"I'm tempted, old man," said Robbie. "But not only is she a great bang, but she sucks like a vacuum cleaner. And like a true lady, she doesn't spit ... she swallows."

This time Jules couldn't hold back and punched Robbie in the face, knocking him out.

"Robbie!" shrieked Bethany racing over to kneel by her prostrated fiancée.

"Jules!" cried Vickie. "What has got into you?"

"He's a creep," insisted Jules.

"Yes," agreed Vickie under her breath. "But he's the creep that Beth is determined to marry."

"Daddy, get out," said Bethany: "You are no longer welcome at this wedding ceremony."

"But honey, your father has to walk you down the aisle," protested Vickie.

"No, he doesn't. We'll get Henry, Robbie's dad, to walk me down the aisle."

So saying, she called over two burly wedding attendants to escort her father outside.

"Oh, honey," said Vickie.

"I won't back down," insisted Bethany. As soon as they had revived Robbie, they went across to arrange with his father to escort her down the aisle.

"Sure thing," said Henry, wearing a shit-eater grin.



After that things went off without too much trouble. Except that when walking Beth down the aisle, Henry kept sneaking his hand down to her backside, to have a quick squeeze.

"Oh, God, he's as bad as Robbie," said Vickie. Then realising that she was sitting next to his wife, she turned around to apologise.

"That's okay," said Maylene, "you think that after thirty years of marriage, I don't know what a creep he is? I feel sorry for your poor Bethany marrying that delinquent son of ours. I'm glad to be getting rid of Robbie. But sorry that your beautiful daughter is getting stuck with him."



As the ceremony proceeded, the priest said: "Is there anyone who has any reason why I should not join this man and this woman in holy matrimony?"

Suzie jumped to her feet and shouted: "He's a creep, he's not good enough for Bethany."

"I'll second that," called out Maylene, without bothering to stand up.

"Suzie!" called Beth, glaring daggers at her younger sister. "Sit down and shut up!"

"Well, Daddy isn't here to do it, so I had to," said Suzie, unapologetically, sitting down again. "He told me he was going to, so as a good daughter I did it for him after he was thrown out."

"That's a good girl," said Maylene, "but I'm afraid your beautiful sister is stuck with my prodigal son."

After the shocked gasps and laughter had died down, the priest asked: "Any serious objections this time?"

"I was serious," protested Suzie, drawing more daggers from Bethany, and snickers from everyone else.



It wasn't long after the wedding that Bethany started wearing large sunglasses, even inside, and at night. Although the bruises still showed through some times.

"He hits you, doesn't he?" demanded Vickie, a few months after the wedding.

"No, of course not, mum," protested Bethany: "I can be a bit clumsy and bump into things at times."

"You were never clumsy at home," pointed out Suzie.

"Well, I..." began Beth, bursting out into tears. "Yes, yes he does ... he says life is shithouse enough without having a wife who won't always obey him."

"Come on, honey, we're packing your things and taking you home," said Vickie.

"No, no, he'll kill me," said Bethany, genuinely terrified.

"Suzie, go pack her clothes, while I take her to the car," said Vickie, having to drag a reluctant Bethany down the corridor toward the front door.

When she opened the front door, however, Robbie was standing there, glaring at her. Clearly more than half drunk.

"Where do you think you're going bitch?" he demanded.

"It wasn't my idea, Robbie, she tried to force me," insisted a terrified Beth.

"Oh, did she now?" said Robbie, slapping Vickie hard across the face. "Next time, old woman, I'll use my fist on you! Now get out!"

"Jules will kill you when I tell him about this!"

"Do you think I'm afraid of that old man?"

"He knocked you out before the wedding."

"A lucky punch. Besides I've been taking martial arts training since then. Now get the Hell out." He looked around and said: "Where is the other troublemaker, Floozy?"

"My name's Suzie," she said coming out of their bedroom carrying a large suitcase.

"You can drop that for starters, little sister," said Robbie, and after a second's hesitation Suzie dropped the suitcase and walked down the corridor.

As she reached him, Robbie kicked her in the backside. Spinning around, she kicked him in the nuts felling him.

"Cunt!" cried Robbie as he collapsed. Being careful to grab Bethany's legs, so that she couldn't run after her mother and sister. He squeaked: "Get the Hell out of here."



Outside they heard screaming and the sounds of Robbie slapping Bethany about.

"Oh, I've had enough of this shit," said Vickie. Pulling out her mobile phone, she dialled Triple-0 and said: "Police ... I think my daughter is being murdered."



The screams became shrieks, then stopped entirely, by the time that the police had arrived.

Banging on the door, one of the cops said: "Open up immediately."

"Fuck off," said Robbie from inside.

"Open up, police," said the officer pounding on the door again.

"Fuck off, copper," said Robbie.

"Open it up," said the first cop. Standing aside, so that the second cop, could bash open the door with a small metal battering ram.

Inside they found Robbie with a knife in his left hand, standing over the bloody corpse of Bethany.

"It's not my fault," insisted Robbie: "The bitch was asking for it. At first, she was all warm and loving, but then she started faking headaches. The cold cunt bitch.

"'No means no! I'm not in the mood! Blah! Blah! Blah!'" mimicked Robbie as the police moved forward to cuff him.

Until Suzie held up her right hand and pointed her index finger at Robbie. Then time froze. She started winding her finger back anti-clockwise and everyone started leaving the house backwards, to return to their home on Hannan Street, or the police station. Bethany came back to life and walked backwards down the corridor to the kitchen.

Then Suzie called Robbie forward with her left hand and they walked across to the door, which was back on its hinges. She opened the door and Robbie and Suzie walked outside and headed down the street toward Ferguson Street.

Seeing the frozen traffic, Suzie said: "We're in luck. It's peak period."

Using her left hand, she made Robbing walk out into the traffic and stand in front of a heavy truck. Then she restarted time.

With a blaring of horns, the traffic restarted, the large truck running over Robbie before the driver even saw him.

"What the fuck?" asked the driver, pulling to a halt as he realised that he had run over something.

Suzie only waited around long enough to see that Robbie was definitely dead. Then she turned and skipped along as she had done years earlier after sending Leo Longfellow down to meet his maker.



Suzie had been home with her parents for an hour or so when the police arrived to tell them about Robbie being run down.

Then the three Longfellows plus the police drove around to break the news to Bethany.

After they told her, Bethany said: "Thank God! I've been praying for something like this."

She then went on to tell them how Robbie had been regularly beating her up and raping her. Including sodomising her, and forcing her to fellate him.



At Robbie's funeral Robbie's mother, Maylene said: "Good riddance to bad rubbish," receiving 'amen's from Suzie and Jules. "He never was any good. I hope he enjoys it in Hell."

With that she turned and walked away, followed by the others.

Except for Henry, who was crying at the loss of his only son. Too sleazy himself to be able to see what a worthless prodigal Robbie had been.

THE END

© Copyright 2023 Philip Roberts
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
© Copyright 2023 Mayron57 (philroberts at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308387-WIND-BACK