*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308405-The-Unspoken-Farewell
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #2308405
Please if you are on telegram, feel free to send your telegram number.
The silence was deafening, a stark contrast to the symphony of their lives together. Their once shared home echoed with the void of their love, each empty corner a reminder of what once was.

They sat across from each other, their eyes locked in a silent duel, each searching for the words to say what their hearts refused to utter. The unspoken truth hung heavy in the air, a weight they both bore, yet neither dared to acknowledge.

Their relationship had been a love story, a whirlwind of passion and shared dreams, but time had worn away the edges, leaving behind a frayed tapestry of fading memories. They had grown apart, their paths diverging like two rivers flowing in opposite directions.

The decision to end it was not made in anger or resentment, but in a quiet acceptance of the inevitable. They had loved each other deeply, but love alone was not enough to bridge the chasm that had grown between them.

The unspoken farewell came in the form of a lingering gaze, a gentle touch, a shared smile. It was a silent goodbye, a poignant acknowledgment of the love they had shared and the pain of its demise.

They parted ways, their hearts heavy with unspoken words and lingering regrets. The silence that followed was not one of emptiness, but of a love that had reached its natural end, leaving behind a bittersweet memory that would forever be etched in their hearts.

© Copyright 2023 TheactualTreasure (treasureojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308405-The-Unspoken-Farewell