*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308475-whales-all-the-way-down-Sample-Chapter
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Sci-fi · #2308475
Let the holy whale gods bless you! this is the full second chapter in a WIP novel
He propped his clockwork crutch against the Monog tree, pondering his life and all that had transpired. “The king is dead, long live the king. What a bastard he was.”
Prince Urua cupped some graveyard dirt in his hand feeling the cold clamminess that was a reminder of what awaited us all at the grave. Regrets and relief come over him all at once. The autumn leaves blowing across him
A man in a pink robe with red etchings of a whale, the markings of a priest of the order of noxram worshipers of the whale mother. DID SOMETHING – APPROACHED, BEGAN TO SPEAK, RAISED HIS HANDS IN PRAYER. Urua’s father had helped the rise to great prominence in the galactic empire. This particular priest was known as Oddesa. This one had a very nasty reputation a known schemer loves to punch a woman bloody they say, and feed his own nephew to sharks as an offering.

“A great man died this day. He united us all. The great unifier god King Shuma was a child of sin, molded by the teachings of the whale and of ancient earth.”

Urua shivered thinking about the way his father would beat him for not wanting to do his duty. He would watch the way his father Shuma the Conquer would strip the prisoners down to there essentials and make him watch while he took out the cane. Always with a smile winding it up and coming down hard against the prisoners’ legs, repeatedly over and over beating them until they would quiver; Urua just wanted it all to end.

A hand touched his shoulder. “Master Urua, are you okay? Death can make ghosts of us all.” The speaker was a big jolly man, his shawl was white with a gunsaber attached to his hip .
“I will be fine, Monasa,” Urua said thoughtfully. “No one will believe me what kind of man he was anyway. They always say a good bastard is well loved.” Urua slowly lowered monasa giant hand to his side
“no one one cares where the spoils come from the dogs just lap up the results and beg for more!

Urua shivered thinking about the way his father would beat him for not wanting to do his duty the pleasure in Suma's eyes as he would strip the prisoners and make him watch while he took out the cane always with a smile winding it up and coming down hard against there legs repeatedly over and over beating them until they would quiver and howl wanting it all to end.

A hand lightly touched his shoulder “master Urua are you OK. death can make us all ghosts “ a big jolly man appeared his shawl was white with a gun-blade to his hip “I wll be fine Monasa No one will believe me what kind of man he is anyway they always say a good bastard is well loved.” Monasa laughed and nodded “A bastard he may be but he kept the empire stable the cerluam mining import trade now has access to most of the human alliances star systems with a power vacuum now wide open chaos shall rule on this day”.

Behind the priest the visage of the whole empire exposed to all wrapped in linen a Silver Mask that resembled a star cluster. The Space whales the Libarum claim that when the cradle of life ended. it emerged out of the sacred planet coming into the world with a world-shattering scream . Debris flew across the star system not just not the one where the god spawned from the corner to the undying dunes of samara home of the aions stamping it with its mark waiting for to claim what was his. The generals remains as the custom of the suspended in the air attached to two cables hanging from a great tree its branches looming over everyone watching them waiting for there turn to feed the eternal tree.

Odessa raised his hands towards the heavens “let the flock be lead to greater stars then what we know we are all come from the stars lets us divide and multiply spread our seed across the universe.”

Urua felt cold and lonely there was no stomaching churning grief no matter how hard he tried to outwardly mask his true feelings only the disgust was there for all to see if they where paying attention. but he was the Urua the broken all they see is the only failure that the god king produced. Strapped down to the god king crashing his father into the flaming hells itself there dynasty burned to cinders. Odessa continued Decker the youngest with his golden locks back in the times before the great awakening they would say he looks like a stud with his massive arms and his legs where as best described as 2 giant mountains at 7 feet tall he was the perfect specimen and the new god emperor.
“ hello big brother I should have your tongue and exile you before you get any bright ideas about even attempting to take what is mine you are nothing but vermin and a retard why did our father even keep you” laughing Decker just brushed past him and went towards the great tree with a glee in his giant horse steps.

“they really should have traded his mind with a jackass at least with a donkey brain they would be entertaining all I get with him is Neigh.” Urua searching for a way out out of the space whale pony show.


People where crowded head by head packed tight waiting on any morsel that they could use against one another, a collective judas. Whispering should never be that heard there masks slip out here in the open they are circling them all wanting what everyone wants power and influence. A women with silver hair had a crooked nose and a pocked scar under her eye look up at him and smiled he knew that smile from anywhere diame the witch of nomura. ravens perched upon her black and red space satin dress cawing at her for food. She reached inside her dress pockets and brought out an eyeball out of all things a eyeball she raised up to her crow caw caw it pecked at the eyeball stabbing head tilting from here to there trying to get his food off his beak. Diame reached out and plucked it from him “not like that silly don’t play with your food” she cupped it in her hand the raven finally started eating it.

The only thought that came to Urua mind was besides it being Grotesque is that who brings their pets to a funeral. Her hard eyes met Urua with a sly smile she waved at him and walked towards the grave of the slain king with a piece of paper stuck in her hand maybe it was a prayer of some kind oh well no one of my business who cares he's dead anyway what's the worst that can happen his brain is dead you can’t just take his brain out there is no workable tissue. He thought to himself.

Leaning on his state of the art clockwork cane staring out into the distance the Grey sky ominous glowing illuminating the storm brewing in the distance the tempest consuming all..
© Copyright 2023 Whalebones (kamakazikitteh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308475-whales-all-the-way-down-Sample-Chapter