*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308561-1-Light-through-The-cup-of-water
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Val
Rated: E · Chapter · History · #2308561
Nostalgia can be a cure!
In chapter one of the nostalgic cure, we are going to talk about how Illeon got his childhood’s precious memories and sight back. Also, how the regainment of his memories impacted his forgotten routine? Furthermore, we talk about Lily's healing from her emotional wounds. Finally we apply their experiences to today’s challenges which Arya and Schmile are struggling with.

Nostalgic cure 1: Water glass by the window


We had lost hope that he would not remember his childhood’s sweet-precious memories and that he would not get his senses back. It was because of the traumatic vicarious experiences from the past that had drawn all his attention towards the dark side of his memories. Even doctors said that the polluted cells, like a malignant cancer, had reached all the necessary tracts of his hippocampus. And that it was impossible for him to get his sight and memories back. After a few days of his arrival at our house, the goddess of health took care of him. Guilelessly, one night she leaves a glass of water by the window-sill beside which we had laid a bed for him. In that morning, the refracted ray of sunlight through the water glass hit his retina for the first time. For the past years in the basement, it hit either before or passed the fovea of his retina which did not allow him to discern objects. The torches by which the guards of the basement with the command of the legal system’s politicians had derided him had damaged the ciliary muscles of his eyes. It means that both his parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system had failed to respond to the outside stimuli. That morning, however, he could see again and we were so glad for this. He had become a total seer. Even when his eyes were closed, he could sense motions and could distinguish a human from an animal. A real from fake. A thief from the inventor. A clamberer from a stumbler. A loving person from a hateful person. A good intention from evil intention as well a potent from impotent. Though he knew all the differences that custom and laws believe in such as good and bad, but to Illeon all were the same. He was compassionate to bad people too since he trusted that bads and goods are transformable to a higher level.
When he began to see the light in the water glass, he could see everything afterwards. Such are the miracles that happen to the innocent ones of us. Who is this us? By us I am referring to those who really and truly are pure, kind, innocent, and courageous. Illeon was purely virtuous and a courageous innocent superman. And so that is why many incidents in his life such as getting his sight back were magicalous and miraculous. There are magical moments and open ended questions in life for which science still does not have a certain answer. That is when we write novels. If we ask how that refracted light from the water glass casted light over his lost memories to see his precious memories? There is no answer to that. How did he recover from all the crap that the destroyers of lives had imposed on him in the basement? How Lily was healed from harming herself without joining any resort ? There is no answer to that.
The sparkle of sunlight and beyond sunlight through the water glass casted a light on his precious memories too. He remembered when her Godly mother communicated with him while he was in her womb. He remembered the women of the village who gave him fruits and vegetables such as freshly picked tomatoes, oranges, mangoes, mint, blueberries, and he remembered that every morning his mother left a glass of water on the sill of the window in which his bed was laid.
Lily too, After she woke up that day and saw that glass of water she saw the ginantic boughs of a willow tree pointing downward and little grasses like pine trees pointing upward. In between, she found an infinite plane like the synapse of two index fingers or neurons without touching each other yet can transmit all the love from one to another. Like the kiss of a mother to a child. One huge and one small. The plane between upward and downward is whereby we stand, walk, work, and any virtuous action we do.
Both Illeon and Lily remembered the lost memories from so many years back; the time in which both woke up early with a glass of water and nothing else yet with great happiness and pure love. They began their day without running for a smoke or coffee. Only with a glass of water, and they end their week without running to the bars like today’s youth. Both had reached autonomy and the capacity to love unconditionally. A love with no expectation. A total humanity yet simplicity. An isolation in which no basement, no states, and no government’s fetters mattered except self-will. The nostalgic water-glass on the window-sill revived in Illeon such a wisdom which allowed him to begin his day with a glass of water for all those long years of break out from the basement.
Before he died, unlike a war olgo who represents obedience and suffering, he had become very soft and smooth in behaviour. He had become a superman similar to Gods of virtues who help and go further into the ocean of mellowness than onto the mountains of rigidity. His rest and work have the smell of a God who does not worry; who is not indifferent, and who does care about humanity though.
Now Illeon’s children ask me how their parents overcame the imbalancement of his routine despite the time being controlled by the vicious rulers of the basement. Arya is an artist. She plays the harp. She leads a creative life. Often she is slow in activities. For many days, she forgets to eat and drink water properly. Like an elastic force all her energy converges inward so much that for many nights she does not sleep. She does not talk to others as the fasting drains her energy to be able to talk to others. She gives her food away to the homeless. Her altruistic behaviour causes her to give out all what she has to others. For many days she is unable to wake up routinely. The sleeplessness eventually takes her peace away. With it, it takes away the redness of her face. With it, it sinks her muscles to her bones. She turns into a submissive quiet and pale creature. And so for many nights she loses her sleep. She torches her body. And does not know how to balance out her routine.

On the other hand, Schmile is a scientist. He leads a productive life. His energy like entropy disperses towards the outside. Like the explosion of fireworks which never returns, his energy dissipates towards the outside. And so he gets too exhausted to wake up on time. He is proud in the morning and ashamed in the evening. Like labour worker whose body is sore, Schmile’s legs and shoulders are sore sometimes. He is an outgoer in contrast to Arya who stays home all day.

Since both of them forget small things such as drinking a glass of water in the morning, they both do not live life fully. As though life is an impossible phenomena whose beauties are ineffable. As though the little fairies, sprite, and butterflies are not beautiful - and as if they are not gladdening anymore. One takes all the blame on herself, and the other blames others fir not waking up early.
Now they ask me how their father could regain his sight and how he could manage his time even though he was kept in a dark and dump basement without even being allowed to see the sunlight or to have a clock. My answer is that for Illeon, it was the nostalgic cure that happened to him. Once that ray of light hit his retina, it spliced the time for 30 years or so. He remembered that, when he was a younger child, hell or high water he woke up early in the morning with a glass of water above his head. Illeon, for the rest of the journey towards our house, had a glass of water every morning. I drink a glass every morning as soon as the rays of the sun on the trees of our garden. Arya and Schmile is forming the habit of waking up early just to drink a glass of water. It is magic. It is helping them in all aspects of life. Now if Schmile is too tired to wake up and Arya is too drained to wake up. Both wakes up to just drink a glass of water together. This doing one thing together helps both to wake up on time.
© Copyright 2023 Val (val-poetry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308561-1-Light-through-The-cup-of-water