*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308625-A-giant-came-to-play
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Entertainment · #2308625
A giant man went to a city to start playing with little people in the summer
It was on a Sunday morning in a city where I was spending a normal summer day: the sound of vehicles; People walk through the streets, there are even those who go to the beach and have fun with the sea: surfing, bathing, etc.

While everyone is having fun, a small movement occurs on the ground, it feels stronger and stronger, but it also gives pauses.

Everyone stops, no one knows what's going on. People looked around, confused, there are even those who leave the sea and return to the sand.

"This is very strange," someone asked, "Is there an earthquake happening far from here?"

In the distance, something could be seen emerging from the sea. Everyone turned to see a man emerge. As everyone watched it, there was something strange about it, as if it could be seen better than ships from this distance.

Suddenly, a thunderous laugh is heard that made everyone cover their ears.

“Oh, a city,” said the giant.

The giant laughs again and dives under the sea. Disappearing from everyone's sight and the shaking is felt again.

Back on the beach, everyone tries to run away and get off the beach as quickly as possible. They pushed each other in their attempts to escape. Terrifying others and hurting each other, some record the situation, watching people run and tell what is happening.

The stronger the movements, the more people try to flee until large arms appeared near the shore as if the giant was swimming, only his arms were bigger and he created waves on his sides. Then, you could see how it was closer and you could see it better.

He quickly arrived and emerged from the sea, entering the sand and towering over everyone; Furthermore, he planted his feet in the sand.

Not everyone saw him because some had fled, except those who were recording and were able to see his face and body. He turned out to be a young man of 20 years old, shaved, strong and muscular; Furthermore, he was about 50 meters tall and was wearing nothing but boxers.

The giant laughs and raises his hand in greeting.

"Hello," said the giant in a booming voice, "I'm Toby and I came here to play with all of you on this sunny day".

Toby's loud voice made people cover their ears and when Toby saw that, he just laughed.

“Okay, let's get wet. What do you think?" Toby said, smiling at the few who stayed.

No one responded, they just looked at him and continued covering their ears. However, they understood what he said and did not like those words.

Without a response, the giant becomes bored and moves his foot through the sand, dragging some people without realizing it and throwing the sand forcefully at others.

"If you want, I can do this and much more," Toby said.

Some people were thrown by Toby's foot and could be seen flying, while others were left dirty and coughing. Now they feel that something bad is going to happen and they scream.

"NO, PLEASE!", people shouted and tried to talk to Toby, "PLEASE, WAIT!"

While some screamed, others turned and fled.

Toby tilted his head, feeling confused; Also, he was a little bothered by people's reaction. They are the ones who don't want to have fun with him.

"Don't run, it hasn't started yet," said Toby. Then he kneels and places his hands on the ground, over some people.


Seeing their lowered hands, no one wanted to talk and they just preferred to run. There were screams but they failed in their attempts to flee, so Toby was able to grab some people with his hands.

Toby smiled and brought them to his face. The terror those people felt when they were lifted off the ground and how weak they felt, made them even more terrified.

"Nothing's going to happen to them except one," Toby said and laughed. His voice was louder up close than hearing it from the ground.

Toby swung his arm behind him and threw the people into the sea. Some screams could be heard and then they became silent, perhaps they were drowned or thrown very far away.

After that, Toby stood up and looked at the city, looking at the buildings and thinking about what he was going to do.

In the city, everyone tried to escape. Unfortunately, because his vehicles were the best ways to escape, as he was able to transport his loved ones and his own things. It only ended up creating traffic and no one moved. The only noise that could be heard was the horns of their cars and the radios at high volume.

Thanks to the news and recordings, everyone knew what was happening. It was not a tremor, much less an earthquake far from here. It was all just because of Toby who was standing in front of the city.

As Toby thought, at one point an idea occurred to him.

“I know what to do,” Toby said. He moved to the side and ran to the side.

No one knew what he was going to do, they just felt a tremor and suddenly he stopped. However, it was not all that was felt, as there was a crash and a digging sound.

Some wondered what was going on, but refused to investigate. They already saw what Toby did with some people and they didn't want to be next.

The longer the vehicles took to move, some couldn't take it anymore and got out of their vehicles and fled. No one wanted to pick up their large belongings, only the small ones to escape faster, probably because they were going to replace it, except for a cell phone or expensive objects. So some stayed.

While the sound of digging could be heard and became louder. The soles of a foot appeared in front of everyone and it retreated.

Everyone looked at their feet and the further they retreated, the more they crawled on the ground. Then Toby appeared who was crouched and backing around the city

The people who were not on the beach were scared that he had come here, but he did not seem to exchange glances with the people.

As Toby continued moving, he had a smile on his face. He seemed to be concentrating on something.

"This is going to help," Toby said.

Hearing his voice and seeing him happy, the people shouted. Now, no one cared to continue waiting so they got out of their vehicles and ran to another place. Some police officers confronted him, but nothing seemed to happen to him or he even flinched.

Toby continued moving until he managed to form a deep, wide trench around the city.

"Well, it's good to be big and strong," said Toby who stood up and turned around, heading back to the sea.

The people didn't know what Toby had in mind until several splashes were heard, while everyone was running something was passing through the ditch.

While the splashing continued, everyone ran back and forth. Some went to the ditch and could see it filling with water. Maybe it would be a good idea to run away, so they waited a bit.

Toby felt happy and got up and went back into the city. However, he did not enter through the buildings, he just continued next to his new infiltration trench. As he walks, he looks down and sees some people around him. He let the sea do its thing and if it rains one day, you will probably feel a runoff or something, although it won't be as strong.

People could take the time to jump into the ditch and swim to the other side. Nobody accepts that, except one who does.

Toby turned around and saw someone trying to escape. That bothers him a little and he moves his foot on the person.

Those who were nearby turned to look up and when they saw his big foot, they backed away and tried to flee. However, Toby reacted quickly and crushed the ground.

“Okay, that's how things should be,” Toby said. Knowing that someone was going to escape, they were going to do it again, so it was better to start playing.

With a smile, Toby walked around the city again. Every time he saw the little humans he bent down and grabbed them to put them inside the ditch, he holds them for a moment and lets them drown a little, although this doesn't seem fun, it doesn't help in teaching anything, so he decides to crush them. to the people inside the ditch. He continues and continues until he paints it a little red.

Some saw that and were so scared that they ran again but they divided up, some ran through the city and others jumped into the ditch.

Toby continued until he turned around. Then he gave another one to see if they didn't make fun of him. Something that did not happen.

"Okay, now comes the best part," Toby said and walked towards the city.

Everyone was running while Toby watched them from his great height. Sometimes he would bend down and grab some people and throw them into the sea to make sure they didn't try to escape. Some did not know how to swim and ended up drowning; others did and tried to save their lives, but where would they be if Toby was in the city? Would they have to swim and surround the city with people desperate not to drown?

Toby played and had fun throwing people into the sea until he didn't see anyone else in the streets, they were probably hiding or he already got everyone in. He didn't care and returned to the sea. He went in and started swimming. On his way he saw some people, both those who were swimming and those who weren't, exchanging glances, but Toby didn't care and just smiled.

No one came near me and Toby swam away again. The splashes it caused and the waves that formed scared more people violently.

Afterwards, only a few returned to shore. The fear and confusion they felt are still present and they wonder if they will ever return. Despite everything, he told everyone on the news, but not everyone believed him. Maybe it was the first time something like this happened and everyone is still asking the same question: How did it appear? and where is he going?
© Copyright 2023 betarenmasko (betarenmask at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308625-A-giant-came-to-play