*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308905-A-New-Super-Hero
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2308905
Winner! Daily Flash Fiction - 11-23-23 - W/C 287


A New Super Hero

“I found the new super hero! A new cartoon creation will be coming to the screen soon!” After that announcement, I shut down the call and went back to my script.

Now I had to make my declaration a reality. I had this idea for a new super hero. But actually, he was more of an anti-hero. He had the same DNA before and after his transformation. He was the man who could do nothing. Well, next to nothing.

But, would the world buy that premise? How would you even sell that idea?

I called George. He usually gave me good advice. He appeared onscreen instantly.

“Yeah, what?”

“Okay, George, what about this. A new super hero. A man who can do nothing…” I waited.

George stared at me for a long few moments. “Umm. Surely I misheard that. Repeat. I think the internet went down for a second or two.”

Tedium, I thought. “No, you heard me right. I’ve been researching the quantum origins of consciousness. I found half-seconds can be inflated. You can inflate time. That’s the super hero’s power.”

George stared at me.

“Really, George, it is a thing. It can be done. Do you think people will believe this?”

George was now banging banging his head on a table.

“George?”

“If you think I’m lending you money for this, forget it.” The screen went black.

“Well, I guess we have to find someone else who’ll believe us.” I shut the laptop, turned round to Andy.

“What? I didn’t hear you. You’re already three minutes behind me. Keep up, man. Geez, George. We’ll never get this project off the ground at this rate.” Then he began to sing, ‘If I could turn back time…’

W/C 287


© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2308905-A-New-Super-Hero