*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309381-How-to-request-reviews
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2309381
How to request reviews
There are a few steps in order to get your items listed in the Roundtable.
*Bulletg* First, of course, you must select the items you wish to have reviewed.
*Bulletg*Next, you will need to create a ROUNDTABLE LINKS static item in your Writing.Com portfolio that contains a list of links to the above items. The ROUNDTABLES LINKS FILE tab on the main menu has more information on this file.
*Bulletg* Finally, after you have created this static item, do one of the following:
          *BulletV* Post a message to the Roundtable forum with the title "REVIEW REQUEST" that includes in the body of the message a link to your ROUNDTABLE LINKS file. (Post the file CONTAINING the links to the items. Do NOT put links to the items in your message.); or
          *BulletV* Email the forum manager with the subject "ROUNDTABLE REVIEW REQUEST and include a link to your ROUNDTABLE LINKS file in the body of the message. (As before, send a link to the file listing the items for which you are seeking reviews. Do not put links to the itmes in this email.)
*Bulletg* Either way, the forum manger will update the Roundtable page to include your file. After the update, the Roundtable page (this page) will display an exact copy of what's in your ROUNDTABLE LINKS FILE.


It will be helpful if you follow the suggested formatting guidlelinse for the ROUNDTABLE LINKS file described on this page under the ROUNDTABLES LINKS FILE tab on the main menu.

Note that after this process completes and the manager has updated the Roundtable page, it displays a copy of whatever is in your ROUNDTABLE LINKS file. If you change the contents of this file, the changes will automatically appear on the Roundtable page. (You might have to refresh the Roundtable page in yoiur browser first.) In this way, you can add to or delete from the list of items for which you are seeking reviews.

Once you recieve a review, you should of course thank the reviewer both in an email and in a posting to the roundtable. You might also annotate the corresponding link in your ROUNDTABLE LINKS file to indicate the name of the reviewer. That would make it easier for reviewers to recall what they have reviewed.

If you delete your ROUNDTABLE LINKS file, your author listing on this page will show a broken link.

© Copyright 2023 Max Griffin 🏳️‍🌈 (mathguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309381-How-to-request-reviews