*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309751-The-Sight-Title-Pending-Chapter-3
by N
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Crime/Gangster · #2309751
Beginnings; A run in
Tom and Caine walked out of the pub, Tom annoyed at the night it turned out to be. The two policemen waved to each other as they parted ways, Tom heading towards the nearby parking garage. Finally, he was alone. He lowered his hands in his jacket’s pockets and felt the cold of autumn surrounding him, and exhaled to reveal his breath as a puff of smoke. He looked up at the sky, half expecting snow. Something was off, however. He slowly lowered his head, feeling the presence of something behind him, or someone. Maybe he wasn’t alone?
He walked into the parking garage, glancing behind him without turning his head. Someone was definitely following him, he couldn’t see the figure’s face, but he felt as if that wasn’t necessary. His pace quickened, not wanting to get caught up in something he shouldn’t have. He heard the figure’s footsteps getting closer to him, and in reaction, Tom started to run. He quickly turned the corner so the figure couldn’t see him for even a moment. His eyes blinked, his irises turning from his dull brown to a freezing, glowing blue.
Indeed, Tom was right, someone was following him. Caine had tailed him all the way to the parking garage and was almost on Tom’s heels when he dashed towards a turn. Caine was intrigued, and ran after him turning the same corner. When he turned, however, Caine was suddenly tackled onto the floor. Weird, he didn’t remember even falling. He looked up to see who threw him down and realized he was staring at blue eyes. His eyes widened as those glowing blue eyes faded back into a dull brown to reveal Tom staring back at him, just as astonished as Caine was.
“C-Captain!” Tom exclaimed as he quickly staggered to his feet, his eyes wide. “I’m sorry, I thought someone was following me!”
Caine smiled. “Blue eyes,” Caine said as he stood up. Tom’s eyes twitched. “They’re very pretty, I must say. But I have to ask, I don’t remember you tackling me to the ground. How did you do that?”
Tom took a few steps back. “I don’t know what you’re…” His voice trailed off. He knew he'd been had. “…Please don’t tell anyone…” He muttered.
Caine laughed. “No answer, huh? No matter, I’ll get the answer soon.” Caine looked at Tom. “We’ll be in touch, Tom.”
Caine walked past Tom, patting his shoulder, and left the parking garage. Tom started to gasp for air as if he was losing oxygen, sinking down to kneel on the cold concrete surface.
© Copyright 2023 N (narrowz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309751-The-Sight-Title-Pending-Chapter-3