*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310163-Everything-Comes-to-an-End-Eventually
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #2310163
Thoughts on time and life.
It's given.

It's something I've noticed, given my (relatively short, so far) time on this Earth.

That TV show you've been a fan of for years, the band you thought could never break up.

Lives.

Everything ends, eventually.

But the pain of that comes more from the realization, than the ends themselves. You just have to allow yourself to realize it.

It isn't a sort of "downer" view on life, really. Instead, it's more of a different point of view. One that, if taken the right way, could hopefully lead to truly understanding that you should take nothing for granted.

Instead of longing for once was, or waiting patiently for the end of something you don't find full enjoyment in, you should instead look for what you find to be pleasant in things. Partake in the present. It may seem enticing to dive deeply into the goodness of the past, but that leaves you missing out on today.

Spend time with your family. Go check out that new restaurant with your friend. Finally tell your crush how you feel about them.

One day, you might not be able to.

Regardless of your view on what happens to us after death, one thing is almost surely certain: This is our only go around.

This, specifically. These people, this place. It may be the only time we get to live this life, even if another waits for us after it ends.

Wether we float in an empty void of nothing, ascend to some sort of promised afterlife, or we begin anew in a different country, with a different mother, a different father, the point still remains. Someone who you couldn't imagine being without in this life, you may never meet in another

So enjoy this time you're given.

For better or for worse, everything comes to an end, eventually.
© Copyright 2023 Lee O'Quinn (citrusmenace at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310163-Everything-Comes-to-an-End-Eventually