*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310435-My-daughter
by Riley
Rated: E · Poetry · Drama · #2310435
About mistakes with your first child
It was September 1982 that my life became blessed with a baby girl, she was everything to me, my whole life my whole world. She was perfect in every possible way as I watched her grow up, learn to crawl and then walk. I remember the day I first heard her talk. When she was 5 on her first day of school, I cried and cried while waving goodbye, she never lost her cool.
So smart this little girl was that her teachers were calling me in, this child is bright and very smart, when she grows up she'll have all that she wants.
Then her teenage years rolled around and my little girl could not be found.
The light it seems has left her eyes, her only thought is my demise.
She no longer loved me that was clear, hateful words are all that I hear.
I try to look back and correct my wrongs, begging forgiveness for doing her harm.
I know I had a lot to learn, her happiness was my only concern.
Now my girl is 41 and all her pain cannot be undone.
Her only wish is for me to die, and I truly can find no reason
why.
© Copyright 2023 Riley (prettypatty61 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310435-My-daughter