*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311276-What-we-want
Rated: E · Other · Young Adult · #2311276
The things we want: friends or foes
The answer to why we wish for certain things that matter most to us may come from the life's journey and our thoughts.

What we want is a part of our growth in life story. It is not merely just craving on earthly luxurious stuffs, but the purpose of getting what we want, and further more, one's life purpose.

The making peace here does not make our desires just simply go away.

Because sometimes we rush to put excessive effort in getting what we want and making it into our own enemy instead, which we have to defeat, and then we grow tired, missing the process of finding the insight within us. Neglecting to count our blessings.

The things we want are not enemies to be conquered only, they may serve as a hint or sign for our true selves and what we really need. They make us question our end goal in wanting something.

Still, the materialistic desires are required as well to continue living, they are like the pyramid's lower stones, before achieving the self actualization, and in turn helping others actualizing themselves at the peak.

Make peace with all we wish for first to get what we truly need.
© Copyright 2024 Airwilc (airwilc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311276-What-we-want