*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311304-Speak-in-Love
by wb
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Religious · #2311304
Be Careful when speaking publicly.

If we speak publicly questioning or challenging, provoking a different thought or offering a different prospective, are we speaking out of love or concern for someone specific or society in general? 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 says "13 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. 14 Let all that you do be done in love." Scripture says in 1 John 4:1 "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." In these days of the cancel culture which is running rampant across our country, we as a society have left our faith on the bench and quit stopping to "test the spirits" and just prod along like sheep going to slaughter. Have we not seen this before in history where the population were told lies over and over until they eventually believed it and were then marched to death in the gas chambers? Six million of them.

It seems like we are dead set in our herd opinion by blindly trusting everything we are told and that we too are becoming part of the "cancel culture" Maybe we should consider inquiring of the Lord before dismissing people.

I personally have been lax in drilling down to explore the roots of information presented before sharing it so yesterday I decided to do just that to see where it led and found that the medical opinions and directives was more than likely influenced by political objectives, not concern for what is best for our country. Of course, now our acceptance/belief of the information will be dependent on our political prospective, which goes right back to 1 John 4:1 "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

James 1:19 "Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger"



5/24/2021



© Copyright 2024 wb (gamtneer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311304-Speak-in-Love