*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311430-Power-of-the-Bracelets---Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #2311430
A story of two teens, one with the power of creation, the other with destruction.

Before you begin the story, I would appreciate if you were to comment and rate this story. I accept criticism.



         “Come on Jay! Grab the ball already!” Someone yelled. “I am! I am! Hold on.” As Jay was running over the grassy plains to grab the dodgeball, he was just thinking, how did I end up like this? Jay’s full name is Jayden Hans. He lives in the Tihui Tribe and is 13 years old. And he doesn’t have many friends. His 16-year-old brother, Kyle Hans, picks on him whenever he has the chance. Jay dreams of being a Samurai in the Tihui army, but the Samurai Try-outs are on August 12th. But it’s only available to 14-year-olds and up. In 2 more days, Jay will be able to try out to become a Samurai. “Come on!” Kyle yelled. Once Jay stopped daydreaming, he grabbed the ball and ran over. “Hey, do you think Sensei Quan will pick me as a Samurai?” Jay asked. “Ha! Master Quan will never pick you!” Finally, Jay made it over to Kyle
         “Finally!” Kyle exclaimed. Jay threw Kyle the dodgeball toward Kyle. “Ha! You call that a throw!? Watch and learn.” Then, Kyle gripped the ball and started to spin his arm around, and around. Then he threw the ball right at Jay. Then everything went black.
When Jay woke up, he found himself in a Medical bed. Then a Healer walked into the room. “What happened?” Jay asked as he rubbed his head. “A ball knocked you in the head and gave you a concussion.” Jay’s head felt like it was spinning, so he didn’t understand it all. “You’ve been out for a day. But the concussion is not very severe. You should be fine in three days. “Oh good, I-” Jay began, but then he remembered. “Wait! The Try-outs! Is it possible to leave any sooner?” The Healer thought for a moment before responding. “Maybe you could in 2 days, but stay in bed until we can figure out a date.” Jay thanked the Healer as he walked out of the room, and then he started to think if he were to not make it. The thought of it scared him, but then he started to get drowsy and fell asleep.
         When Jay woke up, he turned to look at the alarm clock/calendar that was placed near the bed. [9:23am - 8/12/----]. It took Jay a minute to fully realize what it said. “Try-outs started an hour ago!!!” He jumped out of bed and ran for the door, but the Healer walked in right just as he opened the door. They bumped into each other and knocked each other back. “Why are you out of bed?” the Healer asked. “Samurai Try-outs! I don’t want to be any later than I already am!” Jay explained. “Before you walk out of here, we need to check if you are better.” So Jay went back to bed, eager to run out at any moment.
         The Healer started to inspect Jay. As he was looking, Jay started to get worried again that he wouldn’t be able to get in. Finally, the Healer backed away from Jay and said the thing that Jay dreaded. “Yeah, you will have to wait until tomorrow.” “What!?” Jay yelled without meaning to. “Sorry kid, that’s just how it is,” When the Healer walked out of the room, Jay turned toward the front of his bed and looked out a conveniently placed window that showed the Samurai Try-outs. Jay saw his brother commanding kids who were trying out. He also saw Master Quan sitting in the back with his staff. Oh, oh how I wish I were to be there, Jay thought.
         It was late in the morning the next day when the Healer walked in saying that he was free to go. Jay slowly got out of bed and walked to the exit. He just didn’t feel well because he missed his only chance at becoming a Samurai. Suddenly, Kyle ran over to Jay at a high speed. “Hey, Jayden! Guess who became Master Quan’s Try-out assistant?” Kyle said in a mocking-like tone. “Hmm, lemme guess… you?” Jay said with little enthusiasm. “Yeah! And guess who was too much of a wimp to try out for being a samurai, just because of a dodgeball?” Annoyed, Jay just started to walk away. “Ahh, come on. It was hilarious.” Jay just started to run. “Come on! Stop being such a wimp, and get over here!” Jay started to run towards the woods to lose Kyle. “You can’t get away from me that easily, '' Kyle laughed. The trees of the woods blocked the sun’s brilliant light from shining through, the perfect place to hide. When he reached the woods, Jay started to dodge large boulders and branches. But Kyle just plowed through them all.
After about seven minutes of running, Jay found himself in a clearing with a gigantic boulder in the middle. When he reached the rock, Jay spun around with tears in his eyes. “Will you just shut up!?!” Jay yelled at the top of his lungs. “Ha! Why would I? This is way too much fun!” Filled with anger, frustration, and sadness, Jay spun around and slammed his fist into the grand boulder. It made a loud cracking noise, and suddenly the rock started to glow a greenish color.
         Then, the boulder exploded. In its place was a long rope, glowing a deep purple color. Then a voice came out of nowhere. ~Welcome.~ Jay and Kyle just stood there, forgetting their argument. ~What you see in front of you is the Rope of Power. Whoever possesses the Rope, will have infinite power over all.~ “Well, if this holds infinite power, then it belongs to me,” Kyle exclaimed. Then, he ran over to the rope. “Wait!” Jay yelled as he too ran for the rope.
When Jay got to the rope, Kyle was already about to pull it for himself. Quickly, Jay grabbed the other end of the rope and tugged it. Right as he did, the voice came back. ~Kyle Hans, you are selfish and ruthless. We give you the power of pure destruction. Jayden Hans, you are not strong physically, but your heart is. We give you the power of pure creation.~ Then, the rope disappeared and two orbs appeared in its place. One went over to Kyle and the other went to Jayden. Then it attached itself to Jay’s arm then he felt very light-headed. Then again, everything went black.
© Copyright 2024 KirbySuperStarU (kirbysuper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311430-Power-of-the-Bracelets---Chapter-1