*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311668-The-Dragon-Guardian
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2311668
An Ordinary Day
Perched high above on a mountaintop ledge, a large dragon stands proud over his domain. The human village below was protected from bandits under his watchful gaze. He yawned, stretching his wings to shake off the early morning sleepiness. Flying casually down the mountain, he headed to the lake at the base for his morning bath. A shepard boy waves as he passes. In return he gave a gentle roar that could better be described as a purr. After washing up, he hunted for the wild boar that was giving farmers trouble. This was both a blessing for them & a meal for himself. Around mid-day he flew to the market. He loved the smell of food & was curious about the oddly shaped material called "clothes" the humans insisted on wearing. The marketers gave their scaly mascot the usual greeting & tidbits This was no doubt going to be another peaceful day for all.
© Copyright 2024 Massive Friendly Derg (dragondawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311668-The-Dragon-Guardian