*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311760-Review-UNNATURAL-DEATH
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Review · Thriller/Suspense · #2311760
Suspense Thriller #27 in Series
Book #27 in veteran prolific author Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta Series is highly edgy, politicized, revealing and in many ways quite astonishing. It's been years since I had read this Series, and found this one surprising, unsettling, compelling. It was also more political than I had remembered earlier installments in the Series being, and in some ways that was both unsettling and terrorizing, as the author presents some extremely horrifying scenarios in terms of foreign governments and "home grown" terrorism manipulating AI and computerization while attacking infrastructure. There's also significant input on corruption in state governments and rogue government agents, a very concerning premise as we enter a Presidential election year.
However, the initial input of the plot was too compelling to set aside, and ultimately the outcome was shocking and far-out, but satisfying.
© Copyright 2024 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311760-Review-UNNATURAL-DEATH