*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311762-What-they-saw
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Community · #2311762
A little story about life
Marilyn Baker, the blind singer/songwriter told this story on Premier Christian Radio recently.
She had been invited to sing at a convent and although she thought it was an easily manageable journey, she somehow found herself lost on the way. Fortunately, a young girl came to her aid. This girl knew of the convent where she wanted to go and took her to the door.
The people who answered the door of the convent were shocked to see Marilyn with this girl.
They saw an unkempt, shabbily dressed, care-worn ‘street girl’.
Marilyn had ‘seen’ a kind, helpful soul willing to take her to where she wanted to go.
Marilyn persuaded the people of the convent to allow her guide to come in see the concert and enjoy some of the food on offer.
The girl did not know Marilyn was a noted singer. She just saw someone needing some help, and gave it.
We may not have much to give, but we can all be kind to those we meet along life's way. We could make someone’s day.
© Copyright 2024 StoryBob (salvobob at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311762-What-they-saw