*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311861-Kisses-By-Death
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #2311861
I fell in love with the god of death the man who's going to take my soul to the underworld


Death was a fear to most people in the chaos that we call our would. It was hard to grasp the fact that everyone leaves the world someday without the knowledge of where they will end up next. People always talk about how the ending of life doesn't mean it's really the end, but how it's a new beginning. Death is a cycle that we can't escape we can try and run but even the deepest tunnels eventually come to an end. We are only anchored to the world for a short time, some shorter or longer than others. Everyone is already born with their life already laid out for them by fate when it's your time to go there isn't any fighting it no one escapes death without paying a higher price. When it came my time to be visited by death, I wasn't scared. I wasn’t ready to die, but I was ready to except my fate. Fate was cruel though and seemed to have other plans for me. I was going to be the first to escape death with a deal of his own and be the first to ever make death know what it means to fall in love.



Chapter one: sealing the deal: Liliana's p.o.v:

There were glass shards like scattered diamonds littering the ground. The smell of gasoline and burnt rubber lingering in the air. It was dark, misty, and rainy outside, but the moon shined brightly almost as if to illuminate the saddening scene. My body hurt everywhere, and I was struggling to breathe through the pain. I stared wonderingly up at the dark sky lit up ever so slightly by the moon and its children the stars. I wasn't ready to die yet, but i was sure that I wasn't going to live either. flying through a car windshield and rolling several feet that was hard to come back from. I was fully aware that at any minute I would be knocking at death's door and the idea of leaving everyone I loved behind saddened me. My vision was getting contorted. I knew it was a sign that I was dying for I could feel my heartbeats beginning to slow inside my chest as if it was a clock counting down the minutes I had left in this life. A single tear slipped down my cheek as I thought about begging the gods for a second chance at life.



“Are you saying you want to live? “A deep enchanting voice that sounded like Carmel drizzle on mouthwatering soft silky-smooth chocolate that melts as soon as it hits your tongue filling all your taste buds with the flavor of heaven spoke.



The voice sounded as if it was Inside my head. It was a sign I was losing my mine from being so close to death door, I was sure. I closed my eyes and as I did so there was a scene that seemed to pop into my head of a beautiful man standing in a garden of thorned roses. I stood before the beautiful man who was so beautiful that if I wasn't already at a loss of air in my lungs, he would have taken my breath away. He was so angelic with sharp baby smooth feature that had a sun kissed golden like tan that seemed to almost sparkle in the light, his hair was dark midnight black slightly wavy with a boyish like ruffle to it, eye that were so green they were like sapphire diamonds so vivid it felt almost as if they could see right into my soul. Everything about this man was beautiful and yet he seemed dangerous and cunning almost like an evil snake in human skin.

“I asked if you wanted to live.”

The beautiful man spoke his voice being the same I had heard right before my eyes had closed. I stared at him blankly for a second my mind being slower than my hearing, so I didn't fully register what the man had said.

“Well of course I do, doesn’t everybody” I responded closing the distance between us without even realizing I was doing it as if I was being magnetically pulled toward him. It was weird could feel an eerie sense of danger and a hint of death about him, but I couldn't find the sane part of me to be scared.

“I can help you stay alive “The man said turning away from me to run his elegant hands across the bud of a flower that had yet to bloom. The flower sprouted and blossomed into a full rose just by the touch of his hand and I had watched it with my own eyes.

It's official you have lost your damn mind Liliana this is what you get for being dead.

“You haven’t lost your mind and you’re not yet dead, close but not quiet” The man chuckled lightly. His chuckle ringed in my ears like music that I could listen to on repeat.

“Can you hear my thoughts? “

I took a step back a bit shocked. He smiled at me brightly but said nothing.

“Who are you? “I could hear the irritation in my voice I wasn't one for being ignored.

“And if you don’t like my answer? “

“Life is full of questions, but some answers you won't always like” I bent down to look closely at the flowers. With his response I had a decently fair guess as to who he was, but I needed to know. “Let me guess your death? “

“Indeed, I am” He answered proudly as he plucked a rose from the bush “Does that not scare you? “



Death is a natural cycle to life was it sad sure, but I didn't see a reason to fear it. Death comes in all shapes and times. Everything living comes to an end eventually no matter how beautiful or how long it's lived. Living things are born to die and that's something that our minds choose to block out. Why fear the inevitable? It's not like you can escape it so just go peacefully. Everything that dies eventually is reborn with a new beautiful start, deaths not scary just natural rebirthing.

“No” I sighed running my hand across the soft red rose “Deaths a natural thing if it wasn't so sad, I would even go as far to say deaths beautiful.”

“What if I told you there was a way to escape me just for a little while longer? “Death crouched down next to me still holding the rose he had plucked. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye trying to read into what he was saying.

“Are you fucking with me right now? “

Death went wide eyed as if shocked by the way I had just spoke to him. I’m sure he was thrown off because someone would have to be insane to speak to death in such a foul manner. I was already dead or dying so what could he possibly do to me? Kill me? The thought of Death trying to kill someone that was already dead was funny to me.

“What would I possibly gain from that? “He Shrugged off what I had said “I’m simply trying to ask you to strike up a deal with me.”

“What kind of deal? “I narrowed my eyes at him not really trusting him I mean he's death after all. You can’t trust the man that’s sole purpose it to take lives.

“I will allow you to keep your life for a while longer, but in exchange I want you to help me restore order back to the world” He stared at me his eyes looking at me as if trying to look through me “ I want to claim my throne back in the world of the gods and you're going to help me do it once we have completed the missions your soul will go to the afterlife ... my afterlife in the underworld for your soul will belong to me”



“How long will this so-called mission last?

“Three years or less depending on how it all plays out.”

Three years of watching him destroy the world and rebuild it just so he can claim his throne. If I think about it positively It can't be too bad of an offer, I could live for Three more years and possibly finish things I didn't get to when I was alive. If I play my cards right this deal could be an advantage to me. If I'm going to agree to something so insane, I need to ask for terms and conditions because I'll be the one losing everything in the end.

“I want to have three wishes to be granted when I ask for them, you will keep me safe until the time comes for my soul to be yours, and I want to see how your job works with the dying every now and then, you will not take innocent life” I listed putting a finger up with each request.

“And if I refuse? “He raised an eyebrow at me.

I smiled devilishly I knew very well that he wouldn't be able to roam freely in the world of living for years without a contract with someone with a soul. Death has limits as to how long he can remain in the living world because he himself has no soul to tie him to that world. He needs me or he can’t achieve his goals, he’s going to use my soul as an anchor to the living world through a linked contract. In other words, my soul is his in more than one way.

“You won’t if you want a soul link” I smirked “without me you won’t be able to stay in the human world “

“I feel like I’m getting myself into my own kind of hell with you” He sighed heavily as he held out the rose to me “prick your finger with the thorn on this rose it's a blood link contractor rose; your terms and conditions have already been added to the contract within it”

I excepted the rose pricked my finger with it ever so lightly just enough to draw a single dot of blood on the tip of my finger. I handed the rose back and watched as Death did the same as I had before holding the rose up into the sky and setting it on fire the ashes of the rose fluttered to the ground spelling out the word SEALED. I had officially made a deal with death, and I was going to pay for it later with my soul in three years' time. I wasn’t sure if i was just desperate for extra life years, insane, or just very enchanted by Death himself, but either way I couldn’t care less for what had been done was already done and I knew better than anyone that a deal with Death was one to not be broken.





Chapter two: House invasion: Liliana's p.o.v:



I could hear the soft sounds of chirping birds outside and I could feel a warm ray of sunshine on the side of my face that was creeping through the thin layer of curtain. I rolled over onto my other side and barrowed my face under my pillow to block out the sun, which my curtains failed to do. I was on my way back into dream land when I heard a loud bang coming from somewhere beyond my bedroom door.

“What the fuck was that? “I snatched the lamp off the dresser yanking the cord out of the wall with how aggressively I grabbed it.

I yanked my bedroom door open lamp in hand ready to take someone's head off. I looked around the living room which happened to be the room right outside my bedroom, but there was no one there. I scratched my head wondering if i had just been on the verge of another dream and mistaken it as a house intruder. I felt a breath on the back of my neck right when I had almost talked myself into thinking I was sleepwalking. I spun around slamming the lamp into the person breathing down my neck.

“Well good Moring to you too ugly duckling “The intruder snatched the lamp out of my hand and threw it over their shoulder, The intruder was none other the handsome devil himself. I had thought it was all a dream so why Death was standing in my Livingroom.

“You mean to tell me I wasn’t dreaming last night? “I snatched the glass of milk out of his hand he had so boldly stolen from my fridge.

“No, do you honestly think you’re creative enough to dream up someone so charming and handsome? “Death snorted snatching the glass back out of my hands and walking around me to claim a seat on my black leather couch.



I want to wrap my hands around his throat. Just who does he think he is coming in acting all high and mighty? What a pain in the ass this devil is going to be.



“You could try if you would like, but no promises I won’t strangle you right back “Death smiled at me and God did he have a real heart melting smile.



“Stay out of my Head you damn devil bastard “I held my head between my hands as if it could protect my thoughts from him. “A home invader and a thought invader pick one you can’t have all of my privacy you know.”

I thought it had all been a dream because I had woken up in my room and not in a graveyard or something creepy and dark like that. Death had a point though my brain was in fact not capable of dreaming up someone as drop dead stunning as him. Who would have thought that Death wouldn't be scary at all but be a pretty little pain in the ass. I wasn't sure why I agreed to sign a contract with someone who is bound to get under my skin and make me wish I had picked a grave over life. what's done is done through and I can't turn back and to be completely honest I don't think I would want to even if I had the choice to do so. I had already been regifted life and I was curious to see how Death plans were going to play out for him. I want to see if Death himself is able to fail at the thing he wants most for himself in life. He gave me life, but I don't intend on lifting one finger to help him. If you ask me sharing my soul with the devil was already being helpful enough and that was enough for me. I for one had my own plans for the next three years. I want to fall in love and lose my virginity before I die. I'm not going out being an unloved virgin, Mary. I'm going to steal a man's heart even If it means I'll eventually have to lose them in three years' time. I am nothing if not determined. I've never failed to claim what I want in life, and I won't start failing now for I Liliana May Carpentieri Will fall mindlessly and madly in love with a beautiful man for that is to be a self-promise.



chapter three: The youngest sinner: P.O.V: Third person:


There was a small run-down cottage of a house that set in a forest far from town. A small not so happy family of three lived in this cottage that smelt of old rain rotten wood, dust and old ashes, and was so untidy that there were cobwebs all over every corner in sight, the walls were full of holes from the mice that inhabitants the walls as if the cottage was theirs rather than the family that owned said home. The cobwebs and mice weren't the only issue with the home for the water never ran and the house was always dark due to lack of electricity the house was so out of shape that those who lived in town believed the house to be owned by a old cranky witch that killed all who got too close to the home for there were always screams coming within the house that pierced the ears of those who lived in town leaving them with bad dreams of what could possibly be happening beyond the walls of the cottage. No one could possibly imagine the terrible thing accruing to those who lived within the home the saddest part was it wasn't because of a witch but rather a abusive husband and a father of one young beautiful little eight-year-old boy.

One rare night when the house was quiet and peaceful the young boy laid blissfully asleep cradled within the protective embrace of his mother. This was a normal routine for the son and mother for both feared the abusive man the mother had unintentionally tethered their lives to by the strong desire to be loved unconditionally. when the once beautiful women had come across the man years ago, she never thought that he would change into someone so inhuman, or she would have never married the man. marriage was meant to bring you happiness and a best friend for life but the golden ring on her hand was nothing more than a maddening reminder of how she would never be free again. The once beautiful and well-known women was nothing more than a stunning bird within a hideous cage of despair now and she had no one to blame, but herself for being so desperate for love.

BANG BANG BANG

" WAKE UP YOU DIRTY WHORE " A aggressive voice came from beyond the door scaring both the women and the child awake as something was slammed into the door continuously.

Sweat dripped down the women's back in terror as she sat up, she pulled her child with her to the top corner of the bed as she coward in the corner of the bed holding the young boy tightly to her chest tightly as if trying to suck him into her body so she could protect him. The boy began to shake and whimper in her hold barrowing his face in her chest. She was scared that the man might hear them for she was hoping if they stayed quiet, he would go away.

" You must be quite little one, he Mustin hear us." The women whisper ever so quietly into the boys hear rubbing his back and kissing the top of his head.

She wanted nothing more than to protect the child for she knew if the man got in that neither of them would be safe. The boy was her entire would he was her heart, her will to continue on, her beautiful baby boy and it was her job as a mother to do everything in her power to keep him safe. It pained her to know that outside the walls of the tiny room beyond that door that there was a monster of a man that on multiple occasions she had failed to protect the boy from. she had failed as a mom in more ways than one all because she wasn't strong enough to keep her own child safe from a man, she had thought loved her.

" YOU SLUT OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR " The monster screamed shattering something against the door as he screamed.

" Mommy I'm scared " The small child wrapped his small arms tighter around the mother who held the child even tighter to her but said nothing back for she was so scared she had forgotten how to speak.

" IF YOU DON'T OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR, I SWEAR TO GOD THAT I'LL BREAK THIS FUCKING DOOR DOWN AND WHEN I DO, YOU'RE GOING TO WISH YOU WERE DEAD YOU STUPID SLUT" The man howled banging his fist aggressively against the door, but the mother didn't so much as move or utter a word back. She was still convinced that if she and the child stayed quiet that he would leave them be. " HAVE IT YOUR WAY BITCH"

The sound of a chair being dragged across the floor made the mother realize that it didn't matter how quiet they both were the man was determined that night to come into the room and nothing would stop him. The man began slamming the chair against the door every time the chair hit the door it shook and made a cracking sound. The door was splitting down the middle from the impact and at this point both the mother and the child were crying in each other arms not sure what would come of them once that door was completely broken in. The mom kissed her son on the top of her head pushing him away from her chest she looked the teary-eyed boy in the eyes brushed his hair off his forehead and smiled sadly at him.

" Let's play hide and seek okay " The women said pushing her son lightly off the bed " Get under the bed don't let your father find you okay."

The boy starred at his mom with sad big doe eyes for a few moments not wanting to leave her alone. The mom scooted to the edge of the bed grabbed her son by the face gently pressed her forehead to his before shoving him lightly to the grown by his shoulders and rolled him under the bed mare second before the door caved in and the man came bursting through it with just a chair leg in hand for the rest of the chair laid in pieces just outside the room.

" YOU " The man growled pointing the chair leg at the women who sat shaking in fear on the bed tears streaming down her face. " WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?"


" Please God save me I'm begging you to protect me and my child " The women begged slipping off the bed onto her knees.

" God won't save a slut like you " The man laughed menacingly as he stormed across the room grabbing his wife by her hair and yanked her head back aggressively forcing her to look up at him. An evil smiled was planted on his face as if he loved to see her in pain and knowing him, she was certain he did love it. " Do you honestly think the Heavens would take the time to protect someone like you? you are nothing, but a waste of space and air you good for nothing ugly bitch. "

" Please God if you hear me, please protect me I can't go on much longer like this " The women pleaded again ignoring her husband's words.

" DID YOU NOT HEAR ME YOU FUCKING TRAMP? " The man hollered yanking the women up by her hair and tossing her across the room the women cried out as she slammed into the dresser knocking the empty flower vase off as she fell. The vase shattered on the ground scattering shards of glass all across the floor. The women tried to scoot away as the man began to approach her, but the man cornered her against the side of the dresser.

" Do you honestly think you can run from me? " The man spat slamming the chair leg across her left leg making the women scream a blood curling scream for her bone in her knee were shattered, but her screams just seemed to make the man happy he didn't want to stop there he wasn't done yet.

He began hitting her over and over again blood splattering the walls and floor her screams echoing off the surface of the room hitting his ears loudly making him laugh and smile with joy. He beat her legs until they were practically just bloody skin with bones so shattered the legs were almost flat as if just skin, her arms hung by her sides one was dislocated with a hand so smashed in it looked like a bloody deflated glove the other arm was beaten so bad it hung on by just a thick flab of skin she was still breathing though and able to scream and that was enough sign for him to continue beating the life out of her. He continued beating his wife showing no signs of stopping until finally she stopped screaming and breathing all together.

" You stopped breathing what a shame " The man sighed in disappointment slamming the leg into the dead women's head. " WHO THE FUCK SAID YOU COULD DIE"

He slammed the leg into the dead bodies head a few more times splattering more blood all over the walls before taking the leg and slamming it through the corpse's abdomen.

" Fucking bitch " He kicked her body before storming out of the room slamming what was left of the broken door behind him.

The young boy slid out from under the bed shakily he walked over to his mother's lifeless body so mangled he could no longer even recognize her. He fell to the ground next to his once living mother broken glass breaking his skin, but it didn't hurt anywhere close to the pain he felt in his heart. He had just listened to his mother being murdered at the hands of his father and just laid in safe silence as it all happened. He was a weak and shitty son and for that his mother was dead and it was all his fault for being nothing, but a powerless child.

" I'm so sorry mommy " The little boy sobbed as he looked at the broken shattered figure of his mom the women who had lost her life protecting him. The young boy's entire body was being consumed with the dark feeling of sadness and anger his vision was going black and he could hear the sound of his own screams as the emotions ripped from his body. The door flew open, and the boy whipped his head to the very man who had killed his mother as if she was nothing but a bug on the wall.

" THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM YOU SON OF A WHORE? " The murderer yelled and something in the young boy snapped as the darkness swallowed him whole. The boy grabbed a sharp shard of glass from the floor next to him and charged at the man shanking the man in the leg the man screamed in pain and hit the floor giving the young boy the chance to climb on top of him the child plunged the glass into the man's eyes. The man tried to push the child off but the boy smacked his hands away snatching up two more shards of glass and stabbing one in each of his father's hands pinning his father's hands to the wooden floor with the shards of glass so he could stab him a million times over in the throat, the stomach the arms, the face splattering blood and guts all over the room with how much force he was putting behind each stab and even when he stopped breathing the boy didn't let up. He severed his father's head and nailed it to the wall and gouged out his already bloodied eyes and carried them over to his mother's lifeless body and placed them in her lap.

" He's gone mom I did it " The boy sank back to the ground next to his mother " I gifted you his eyes he owes you much more than that, but with these maybe you will at least be able to feel peace knowing you hold something he will never be able to get back because it's in your hands. "

The little boy grabbed his mother's shattered hand lightly in his small, tiny hand and as he did so a burst of light so bright filled the room that he had to shield his eyes. The light was warm and welcoming like the sun, but so bright it was almost impossible to see through its rays. Light classical music could be heard ever so lightly as the light began to brighten then fade just enough to see a golden-haired gorgeous woman in white standing in the bright light with a sad look on her face.

" Child what have you and your family done? " The stunning women sounded like a musical symphony of windchimes on a warm summer day in a field of flowers that smelt so sweet just about anyone could catch a sweet tooth. The child tilted his had mesmerized by everything about this woman. " Your family has been the first family in almost 300 years to commit a sin so broad, do you have any idea what that mean child?"

The child shook his head unable to find the ability to speak for the women's beauty kept taking his breath away. He had never seen someone so magically beautiful before, He had always thought his mother to be pretty, but this woman has the kind of beauty that puts even the word beautiful to shame. There just weren't enough words in his vocabulary to express how breath taking she was and even if he did know more words, he was sure there would never be enough to express her beauty.

" You and your father have thrown off the balance off lives in the world. " The beauty sighed running her elegant hand through her golden hair. " You may be a child, but you will be punished by the Havens like a man for your sin out does the devil himself."

" The devil? " The child tilted his head in confusion.

" The king of demons little one" The beauty explained.

" so, what's going to happen to me? " The boy pouted.

" You will live out your life as a orphan boy and the highest ranked sinner " The angelic women explained " Then when your time comes to pass you will have a spot in hell waiting for you like all sinners dear one "

" I can't change that. " The boy questioned.

" Sadly, you cannot for God has a plan for you when you pass, but for now just know your mother has a spot in Haven "


The boy felt a weight lifted off his shoulders hearing that his mother would have a good afterlife and that she wouldn't be suffering anymore. She deserved nothing less than peace for she had lived and rough life, but always did good by him. She was a good mother, and she would be a even better angle he just knew it. He knew that meant he wouldn't ever see her again, but he was okay with that because nothing matters more to him than her happy peaceful loving afterlife for, she was always a angel in his eyes.


" And my father? " The boy kissed his mother's cold lifeless hand and a single tear dripped down his cheek.

" He will be dropped into the depth of hell where he will burn for all of eternity. "

The boy gave his mother's hand one final kiss before standing up and facing the women he now knew to be a angel. He was a sinner he knew that no matter the intentions of his actions good or bad there was no excuses for his behavior that could save him from not being damned a sinner and he was alright with that. what he wasn't alright with was how cruel the world was for if there was someone as bad as his dad in this world who's to say there aren't others just like him or not worst roaming the world. He may have rid the world of one of the worst people alive, but Haven didn't see it as a favor they saw him a sinner. He had been the first 6-star rating sinner in 300 years, and he managed that ranking at the age of only eight years old. He was already the highest sinner alive and there wasn't any changing his fate, so is there is point staying alive?

" Tell my mother I love her I couldn't have asked for a better mother make sure Haven keeps her happy no matter what " The boy smiled at the angel before picking up the large shard of glass at his feet and slicing his own throat. The eight-year-old boy died the first 6-star rating sinner in over 300 years and the youngest sinner ever. The angel just knew that a boy that brave was going to give Hell hell. The king of demons was going to have its hands full with the sinner child and the thought of it made the angel giggle lightly.



Chapter four: Deaths day job: Deaths p.o.v.:

I set on the ledge of the highest rooftop I could find in the broken city and just listened to all of the chaos of the world. There was never a silent moment on earth there was always someone or something making sure of that weather it be the wind howling or the cry of a child silence among humans just did not exist. I looked out upon the city with it wide clear blue sky, beautiful, structured buildings, the bustle of moving cars and tiny humans and I just thought to myself what exactly it is that made these fickle creatures so miserable all the time. I've always had my work cut out for me because with each passing birth came more sinners into the world. It was as if the world just was laughing upon the small creatures and placing them in lives that would only lead them down unfortunate paths it was sad and depressing honestly. Faith is a cruel, cold women but even I know that she doesn't choose to be the way she is its just all part of how she was created to be, just as I was created to be the kind of God that I am.











© Copyright 2024 Beautifulxoxo (beautifulxoxo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311861-Kisses-By-Death