*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311902-A-Super-Hero-Reveals-Some-Secrets
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #2311902
If you want to be a Super Hero, listen carefully to this advice. (Joint winner, Cramp!)
"*Pencil*WINNER and NEW PROMPT - Due Friday, Jan 12"  

"Doesn't it go the other way around?"

"Um -- yes -- maybe -- let's try."

This being a Super Hero thing isn't all it's made out to be. I mean, I began the day getting my innerwear on wrong, and since innerwear is outerwear for some of us, that mattered and Mom made me rearrange it. One doesn't feel very heroic when one has had to rearrange one's inner-outer wear before sitting down to breakfast.

Anyway, breakfast was delicious. Mom's breakfasts always are. Scrambled eggs, toast, idli and dosa made with recipes from our South Indian neighbours, orange juice, tea ... ummmm.


The thing is, I ate so much I couldn't fly our of the window like we Super Heroes are supposed to. I had to jog three times round the block before I had become light enough to take off, and I had all the canines nipping at my heels. No humans are supposed to spy me taking off, and I thought only the canines did, but then after I'd taken off I noticed a curtain flutter and realised Mrs. Rao had been looking out of her window. So I had to land again and make her promise not to tell anyone, which she did after I'd helped her shift her living room furniture around and vacuum the hard-to-get-at-spots.

Anyway, right after I'd taken off the Chief Super Hero beeped my buzzer saying there was an emergency in my area, little Hazel's kitten was stuck on a tree at the corner of Oak and Banyan, and would I go there and rescue the poor thing as both feline and human were crying fit to drive anyone crazy.

So I got there and saw the little animal looking up at me with pleading eyes and I landed on the tree and the little pleading cat-brat stuck its claws hard in me and we had one crying feline, one crying human and one crying Super Hero.

After the fire engine crew had rescued the kitten and me from up the tree (and I thought I was done with being embarrassed for the day!) and little Hazel was smiling again, I beeped in and the Chief Super Hero told me some burglars had got away with some loot and were heading in my direction - a blue Ford Anglia, #AW 2344.

So I flew up again and followed the road and saw the car and managed to land on its roof (pretty keen landing) when its roof flew off and I was left there in mid air with just the roof under me like a surf board and the car driving off looking like a convertible. In the car were Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Fred and George. I should've known "AW" stands for Arthur Weasley.


So I skimmed alongside them and called out that they were wanted for burglary. They said they weren't stealing, there was some wizard stuff got in a Muggle shop and they had to retrieve it. So we replaced the roof and I got in the car with them.

Now at last I had some luck. We went to the Burrow and and had another breakfast, cooked by another great cook - Mrs. Weasley herself. But there was embarrassment to follow. My inner-outer wear became so tight I was squirming. Fred and George noticed it and tried a spell to loosen it, but it fell off (hey, that's fine, I was wearing my outer wear underneath, remember?). Ginny Weasley was kind enough to look away while Mrs. Weasley, in her Mommy way, performed the right spell to get it on and fitting.

The Moral of the Story Is: Don't be a Super Hero unless you have adjustable innerwear.

© Copyright 2024 THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! (mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311902-A-Super-Hero-Reveals-Some-Secrets