*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2312162-The-New-Years-Move
Rated: E · Fiction · Relationship · #2312162
Dialogue 500 entry January 2024
“I can’t believe we’re actually living in the mountains! What a way to start a new year!”
“I’ve always wanted to be a mountain man.”
“That’s one of the reasons I fell in love with you.”
“Eeekkkkk! Arrgghhh! Huuuaaaa!!”
“What?”
“A mouse! A fricking mouse! I’m outa here!”
“A mouse? You’re afraid of a mouse?”
“Do you know how many diseases they can harbor?”
“Oh, come on.”
“I’m serious!”
“Some mountain man.”
“We are going back to Denver.”
“I moved out of the city for a reason. We agreed on this. I came here to write and to live the life we both wanted, and you can work remote.”
“Well maybe I thought I wanted that life.”
“Maybe I thought I wanted you, or at least wanted who you said you were.”
“I guess two weeks wasn’t really a good test, was it?”
“We did get married pretty quickly.”
“You really want to live here? I mean, out here, in the middle of nowhere with nothing?”
“It’s not nothing, really. I mean, look at the trees! Look at the snow! Look at the animals out there. And the lake.”
“Look at how there’s no people…”
“Is that such a bad thing?”
“Heh heh. You’ve got me there. Neither one of us are exactly outgoing.”
“So, what do you think? Give it a chance?”
“What do you think? Give me a chance?”
“I’ll set a mousetrap.”
“I’ll set up your writing desk.”

Word Count: 241
© Copyright 2024 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2312162-The-New-Years-Move