*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2312579-Our-Little-Corner-of-Gods-World
Rated: E · Essay · Spiritual · #2312579
Why Am I Here?
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born, I set you apart... "


Jeremiah 1-5 (NLT)


When I hear of the death of a family member or friend, I often ask myself, “Why am I still here?” Why now? Is there something I’m supposed to be doing that I haven’t completed yet?

We are where we are in this world for a reason. God has a plan of redemption for all His children and each one of us is part of that plan. It’s important that we take the time to see where we are...literally. Why do we live in the town we live in, work where we work, praise God in the church we go to? Why here? Why do we have the family we have, the neighbors, friends, co-workers, fellow church members?

Nothing in God’s world happens by chance. We are all part of a larger plan. Sometimes we’re supporting actors in His plan. He includes us in His plans for other people as he also uses them in our lives to accomplish his will...His perfect, good and acceptable will.

But in our little corner of God’s world comes the responsibility as believers to be aware of opportunities to share His Word especially with non-believers. In Romans 10:14, Paul asks, “how can they hear without someone preaching to them?”

Because we live in a technological era, it’s easy to get carried away and think we have to save the world. But we don’t need a big territory to work for the Lord. He never assigns or gives us more than we can handle. The Holy Spirit guides us in our walk with Jesus and toward the people He is seeking one soul at a time. He knows who needs to hear a particular message and who needs a caring heart. It’s up to us to respond to that call.

“Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions.”


Psalm 119:18 (NLT)
© Copyright 2024 lbidler (lbidler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2312579-Our-Little-Corner-of-Gods-World