*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2313398-Prompt-Me
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #2313398
Collected "Prompt Me" entries
Castle

The Russian grandmaster sat back in his chair, a supercilious smirk on his face as he watched his struggling opponent contemplate his response. He would have to castle, to be sure - but queenside or kingside, that was the question. A bead of sweat trickled down his victim's face as the clock mercilessly ticked away beside them. Queenside or kingside?


Dock

Captain Chaos stood in the dock awaiting sentence, a knowing smile on his lips - if these puny fools truly believed they had finally defeated the greatest super-villain of all time, they were in for a big surprise!


Eight Ball

"They've found the murder weapon - an eight ball in a sock!" The Pool Hall Killer had struck again.


Hot Water Bottle

"I say!" roared the retired major, throwing his slipper at the nurse and nearly falling out of his bath chair with the effort - "where's my damned hot water bottle!"


Kayak

A half-assembled motor-bike in the bedroom, a kayak on the kitchen table, three bee hives in the attic and an arthritic Shetland pony called Steve living in the garden shed... There was no denying it - Uncle Clive had got a bit "eccentric" in his old age.


Peacock

"Touché!" cried Alain, stabbing at his reflection with his cane (as his parents wouldn't trust him with anything sharp). Ignoring his mother's cries from downstairs of "be quiet, you idiot boy!" as she thumped the ceiling with a broom handle, he smiled imperiously as he admired himself in the mirror, resplendent in his blue britches, yellow stockings, red waistcoat, green topcoat and, most impressive of all, the black hat with the white ostrich feather. Soon all of post-revolutionary France would tremble at the name "The Peacock"!



© Copyright 2024 Dave Ryan (daveryan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2313398-Prompt-Me