*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2313540-Atomic-Apocolypse-Dragon
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2313540
A dragon's life after humans are gone
After countless years of hiding in the vast Canadian wilderness, the humans had finally given in to their greed. Despite any logical, rational thought, the nukes flew and the countries fell. Only a few surviving pockets of groups of people survived and none were in a weeks flight of my home. One of the initial things I did was to expand my territory. Without any population in the cities I could freely expand my hunting grounds. Thankfully, although animals were more scarce, the radiation was able to feed my body with energy. An unusual side-effect of this was that I would grow several feet every hour. It wasn't just my feral body getting bigger, my muscles would swell as well. After a few weeks I had gone from the size of an elephant to taking up an entire downtown district. Trees would barely come above my toes & still I would grow. How ironic that the human's legacy was to cause unending growth to their most feared creature in legends. There was so much radiation fallout that my growth would last eons.
© Copyright 2024 Massive Friendly Derg (dragondawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2313540-Atomic-Apocolypse-Dragon