*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2313881-Off-track
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2313881
Two academy graduates find themselves off track and their ship crashed
Kylan shook her head, trying to clear the fog from his mind. He squinted as the dust settled. The ship lay in ruins behind him.
“Where are we?” Micah coughed. Kylan was happy his friend was still alive.

“I don’t know, but we aren’t supposed to be here.”

“It’s not Michigan, clearly. The ship went off course.”

A trilobite shuffled by. Kylan starred. They were real!

“Holy crap!” Micah yelled, scaring off the small, fluffy creature. “We’re on Sanctar 3!’

“We must be! And we have visual evidence trilobites are real!”

“If we can get the comms operational again, we can radio homebase. This is huge!”

Kylar turned to look at the ship. There was small hope the comms would work, but they were not getting off Sanctar 3 any time soon.
“How did you boys get here?” a voice said from behind the ship.

“Professor Blainesworth?” both young men said in unison. Kylar remembered the day Blainesworth took off for Sanctar 3 in search of the trilobites. They were said to have a cure for a mysterious plague back on Earth.

“Indeed it is, Kylar. You must have graduated from the Academy by now!” Kylar nodded.

“Trilobites are real?”

“They certainly are, just as I said. And they do have the technology needed to cure the plague. Just as I suspected.”

“That’s great!” Kylar whooped.

“If anyone could get off the planet it would be, certainly.” Blainesworth’s shoulders dropped.

“We’re stuck here?” Kylar’s mood fell.

“For now. For now. But the trilobites have promised to repair my ship when they are done with me.”

“Done with you?”

“Time for testing!” a shrill voice said. The three men were instantly wrapped in sticky netting. A metal arm picked them up.

“It’s not so bad,” Blainesworth shrugged. “Anything to get home.”

Word count: 300
© Copyright 2024 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2313881-Off-track