*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314167-Take-the-Blow-and-be-Snazzy
Rated: E · Short Story · Legal · #2314167
300 Words - a Walk to then Appearing in a Court Room
The neat grey side walk having been littered by used needles and downed users walking bent over or sleeping in narrow store doorways made this trip to the morning court house a sort of an eerie one for James. The walk was only fifteen minutes downtown from his home so he had lots of time to get into one of his two dress shirts hanging lonely up in the boot room of his sisters place where he borrowed her floor. James had not really been into many court rooms in his life time but he knew the unwritten rule of dressing snazzy for the Judge that shows respect for the court even if you don't mean it and maybe even win some points if the Judge was a woman since he was not a face for radio.

The appearance was a review for an E.P.O. (that's Emergency Protection Order to you) for a penalty of drinking with Madam Illness, the wrong person to drink with who could not hold her liquor when the fuzz was called. James a seasoned drinker and Madam Illness was not, even though she did try to keep up, so props to her I guess. Drink, Cops, Fake Drama Victim, Actual Innocent Victim, E.P.O., then a Hearing. Had the feel of a conveyer belt proceeding without all the steel and screws.

There was a sense of stitched up humour inside him when he strutted up the clean court steps so even didn't mind getting the feel up and detector strip by the security checkpoint, in part because the officer was hot short haired brunette female and James was snazzy. A scarcely populated court room of a woman Judge-"Snazzy" and a Sony TV world of virtual lawyers. "Know inside, Take the Blow and be Snazzy about it".

© Copyright 2024 Warren.R.S.Y. (truerogue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314167-Take-the-Blow-and-be-Snazzy