*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314690-Breaking-an-Entertainment
Rated: E · Script/Play · Comedy · #2314690
The narrator says that the group will learn a lesson. But one of the teens can hear them.
EXT. EDGE OF FOREST - MIDDAY
Jackson, Forsythia, Lee, and Leo are approaching the edge of a forest.
LEO: “Is it morally wrong to not be with your family on christmas day?”
JACKSON: “It isn’t with mine, have you met my family? It’s a nightmare!”
FORSYTHIA: “My family already opened presents so, I don’t care.”
LEE: “So has mine, although I did sneak out the window to be here.”
NARRATOR: (from the side of the stage away from the others) “Today, these ungrateful teens will learn a very important lesson.
LEE: Huh? Did Y’all hear that?”
FORSYTHIA: “What’re you talking about?”
LEE: “C’mon you guys had to have heard it!”
FORSYTHIA: “What’re you talking about?”
LEE: “The voice! It was like (doing air quotations) ‘these teens will learn an important lesson.’”
LEO: “We didn’t hear anything Lee, are you dehydrated or something?”
LEE: “C’mon! This has to be like the time Thia got you guys to gaslight me into thinking that the “K” in “knight” wasn’t silent!”
FORSYTHIA: “In my defense you are very gullible.”
JACKSON: “Lee, we honestly didn’t hear anything.”
LEE: “Whatever, Just forget about it.”
LEO: “Uh, okay.”
They continue to walk and then there's a shack.
EXT. FRONT OF ABANDONED SHACK - EVENING
Jackson, Forsythia, Lee, and Leo are standing in front of the shack
NARRATOR: “As the teens stood in front of the shack, they said some very cruel jokes.”
LEE: (Lee looks around but sees nothing) “Hey Leo, remember what happened to the last house we broke into on halloween?”
LEO: “For the last time Lee, I do not remember it.”
FORSYTHIA: “Fun fact, Coby and his friends actually found out about it.
JACKSON: “Even Antony?”
FORSYTHIA: “Yes, even your brother, Coby only has like, 3 friends. But, luckily for us, they aren’t snitches.”
NARRATOR: “After exchanging some pitiless remarks, our group of teens enter the shack-” (the Narrator continues speaking but is difficult to hear over Lee) “and see some truly life changing things.”
LEE: “What is that voice?! I’ve heard it three times now! It’s like it’s narrating and I don't think it likes us very much.”
JACKSON: “Three times? Why didn’t you say anything the second time?”
(Lee shrugs)
LEO: “And what d’you mean ‘it doesn’t like us’? I’m a VERY likable person!”
JACKSON: “I would beg to differ.”
LEO: (yelling and holding Lee by her shoulders, shaking her) "WHAT DID IT SAY?"
LEE: "They called us ungrateful. And clearly didn't like the fact that I thought what happened to the last house was funny."
FORSYTHIA: "The only thing funnier than that is-"
JACKSON: "Shut up Thia! What is wrong with you?"
FORSYTHIA: "Oh, c'mon y'know what."
JACKSON: "No I don't."
FORSYTHIA: "Y'know."
JACKSON: "I don't."
LEO: "Does he not know?"
LEE: "Guess not. Now, LET'S GO IN."
They go in.
INT. INSIDE OF SHACK - EVENING
NARRATOR: “After continuing to show a disdain for polite behavior, the group breaks into the shack.”
LEE: (looking up) “we literally walked in, we didn’t even break anything!”
JACKSON: “Lee, this is getting concerning.”
FORSYTHIA: “Yeah. Like, I'm insane but, even I don’t hear voices.”
LEE: “Maybe this place is haunted.”(wiggling fingers)“OooooOOOOoooo.”
FORSYTHIA: (looks around) “Wow, this place actually looks structurally sound.”
JACKSON: “We break into abandoned houses too much.”
LEO: “We haven’t done this since October.”
JACKSON: “And it didn’t end very well.”
FORSYTHIA: “Yeah but it was fun.”
JACKSON: "It was not fun. It didn't end very well!"
FORSYTHIA: "Yeah, that was fun. Also we talked to ghosts, so like, worth it."
JACKSON: "Why do I hang out with you guys?"
LEO: "Cause we let you."
Jackson looks at Leo
LEE: (whispering) "Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight."
NARRATOR: “After exchanging insensitive remarks about arson, our group nearly gets into a fight.”
LEE: “We did NOT ‘nearly get into a fight’! I merely encouraged a fight.”
FORSYTHIA: (sighs) "C'mon guys, let's go find somewhere to sit, I guess."
The group walks a bit and then stops.
FORSYTHIA: “uh, this spot looks good.”
The group sits down in a circle.
JACKSON: “What’re we supposed to do?”
LEO: “Anything but sing Christmas music.”
Lee takes off her backpack.
LEE: “Open presents?”
LEO: “Sure.”
Lee takes out a present.
NARRATOR: "Next our group of teens begin to exchange gifts but they hear a strange noise and go to investigate."
LEE: "What? There's no-"
They hear a strange noise.
FORSYTHIA: "What was that?"
LEO: "We should go check it out."
LEE: "No. That's what the narrator wants us to do."
LEO: "What d'you mean?"
LEE: "The narrator literally just said that we were gonna investigate it. Why listen to it?"
JACKSON: "Why should we investigate?"
LEO: "Why shouldn't we?"
NARRATOR: (angry) “When our group goes to check out the noise, what they see will teach them a very valuable lesson.”
LEE: “Sorry but we’re not doing that. Merry Christmas and all but we ain’t learning anything.”
NARRATOR: (angrier) “WHEN OUR GROUP GOES TO CHECK OUT THE NOISE, WHAT THEY SEE WILL TEACH THEM A VERY VALUABLE LESSON.”
LEE: “Listen, none of us need to learn a lesson, some of us may have questionable morals but not bad morals.”
FORSYTHIA: “Lee, are you arguing with the voice you keep hearing?”
LEE: “Thia, it’s not just a voice in my head. It’s a narrator.”
LEO: “How d’you know that?”
LEE: “Leo, we’ve seen ghosts, how is the fact that I can hear a narrator strange?”
Leo shrugs.
LEE: “I think it’s mad that we aren’t doing as it says, which we aren’t doing because I am actively keeping us from investigating.”
FORSYTHIA: "What d'you think it wants us to check out?"
JACKSON: "Ghost of Christmas past or somethin'?"
LEO: "Another ghost?"
LEE: "dude, ghosts are cool."
LEO: "Yeah but, last time we saw ghosts, something burned down and I don't even remember it."
JACKSON: "I'm actually surprised that it didn't cause a forest fire."
LEE: "The narrator is being weirdly quiet."
A crash is heard.
FORSYTHIA: "Ya jinxed it."
The narrator goes to the middle of the stage where the group is and goes up to Lee.
JACKSON: "Uh, who are you?"
The Narrator goes up to Lee
NARRATOR: “WHEN OUR GROUP GOES TO CHECK OUT THE NOISE, WHAT THEY SEE WILL TEACH THEM A VERY VALUABLE LESSON.”
LEE: “I'm guessing you're the narrator?”
NARRATOR: “You're supposed to go investigate the noise.”
LEE: “You can't tell me what to do!”
LEO: “Yeah!”
FORSYTHIA: “This is the voice you've been hearing?”
LEE: “YES.”
LEO: “Am I the only one who was expecting more?”
JACKSON: “I don't think so.”
NARRATOR: “Listen. You HAVE to go check out the noise.”
FORSYTHIA: “Why?”
NARRATOR: “Because that's the plot.”
JACKSON: “Uh, what? What plot? Do any of y'all know about this?”
LEO: “Nope.”
NARRATOR: “You can't just NOT do what the narrator says. I'M the NARRATOR, YOU are supposed to do what I say. Not the other way around.”
Lee begins walking up to the narrator who starts backing away.
LEE: “Listen here. You can't tell me what to do. No one can. You may be the narrator but I don't care. I will do what I want, not what you want. So bug off.”
Lee eventually backs the narrator off the stage and the narrator turns and runs away.
LEE: “That was too easy…eh, whatever.”
LEO: (waving to the audience) “That's all folks!”
JACKSON: “What was that?”
The group leaves the stage.

THE END.
© Copyright 2024 Nikola Semanrus (nikolasemanrus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314690-Breaking-an-Entertainment