*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314818-My-Relationship-with-the-Wind-Pt1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Nature · #2314818
All relationships can be tumultuous. One with a force of nature will be.

My Relationship with Wind Prt.1

On the surface of the seas, you find your birth and begin your wondrous journey too and fro across the earth. A tempest at times, a gentle breeze at other times as you make your way to roaring storms where havoc and destruction follow in your path.

I've known you in many a guise myself, As a child sandstorms were not as uncommon as I would have liked! The way you would blast me with those grains of sand, mercilessly were experiences for memories both good and bad! Tob be caught up in your Dust Devils more times that I can count, only to scrape the grains of sand off my face and beat them off my clothes, after you passed by flirting with the heavens as you'd climb up and up higher and higher, you would carry my pilfered homework. And away down the sandy field it would go! Never to be recovered ,those pages you stole.

But Oh what fun to run and chase you only to guess where you'd appear next. Then there are the times you would lightly muss my hair and cool my burning skin from the desert heat. Always appreciated on those hot days that happened far too often.

Just to know the times when that gentle breeze would become a force with the power to shake and rattle both window and door! Only to bring with you rains both welcomed and feared as none could avoid it's path or the force it would sometimes come with.

And yet there you were even when I was older and, on the sea, my how the effects of your power were Awe inspiring. You were a Joy to see and feel in your might as you bellowed across the bow of the boat moving it from side to side, you never gave a quarter, nor listened to the cry of the sailors for mercy. Only to quit when you were good and ready, with all in your path, were worse for the wear, or in some cases not even there anymore. Being overrun with waves you created in your fury.

At times we knew you were coming, your face dark, cloudy and foreboding. But getting around you was not something we could do because you were everywhere! There was no hiding from you!

But why would you come from such force only to become a slight breeze sweetly caressing my face and body. What would calm you so?

© Copyright 2024 Critter (needs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2314818-My-Relationship-with-the-Wind-Pt1