*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315099-Lipstick
Rated: E · Fiction · Paranormal · #2315099
Memories of the lost
"Lipstick"

Ah, lipstick! The intricacies, the magic of how it's made, the blush upon the lips, the way it catches your eye. A shot of bourbon, a splash across the rocks, delirium sets in.
She comes up out of nowhere, somehow danced across the floor to you. As you look deep into her eyes, as a strobe beat flashes across the night, you sink deliriously into her arms. Echoing thoughts race across your head, your mind is set upon the hunt.

Oh, how deep her bed goes.

When after doing the best you can, you have to move on.

I went over to my best friend's house. She was sitting there applying her blush. She said that she wanted to become a writer one day, that was why she liked hanging out with me. But looking at us, we both realized that we're both beyond sex, you seem to live each other higher, in certain ways. The mere mention of sex between us to each other would be almost like an insult in a way, it would be like a brother and sister talking about sex but not with each other. Oh earlier in the relationship it was about sex, but that soon faded into insignificance once our friendship blossom into something more, something more deeper and wholesome between us. It was like we both complimented each other, we both made each other whole in a certain way, in a way that sex between us could never could.
She worried that she was going to become a cat lady one day, and I giggled when she mentioned that. A plane flashed across the sky, it's whispering song across up in the sky was letting us know that it was coming and it's drone afterwards let us know that it had arrived and left. Some people going from here to there, probably a vacation, some on business, some for pleasure.
She painted her toes with such finesse and grace, as only a girlish thing a woman could do. I laughed under my breath at such a thought.

Life over thought.

Once again the delirious shot splashed across the glass, a fisherman outside plying his trade. Seagulls screamed up into the sky, as if the gods was just going to throw down some nuggets or some treat. She said I'll buy you anything you want, I said let's ride my motorcycle instead, and sing songs up into the wind. She said, "Bet"

I saw her, one time, cry over a song she heard on the radio the other day. I didn't dare ask her why, that would been too impetuous, all I did was just come over and hug her and put my head on her shoulder. Of course that was her opening to just go ahead and give me a hug and put her head against my chest and cry, and of course I let her.
After the storm had passed, she spoken into my chest about how the song had reminded her of her son, of how he didn't talk to her anymore, of how she wondered if he even loved her anymore. I didn't dare ask about it or say something stupid like of course he loves you, I just remain quiet, and let her talk. I figured that was the best way for her to get it out, because if you don't get everything out of a wound, all the pain and the scar and the hurt,the wound will never heal.
I knew she appreciated it more when I didn't say anything. I just knew that she needed somebody to be there just to hear her out to hold her keep her calm to let her vent to just be herself.

Ah, lipstick! Beauty in the night, just smear across my lips, the blush across my cheeks. Parts of invisible forgotten dreams across the night.

We went to our favorite jacuzzi. It overlooked the river, and as we sat there, drinking our cherry wine, we watched as the boats went up and down the river, each one seemed like forgotten dreams heading up and down the coast.
© Copyright 2024 Doctor007 (doctor007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315099-Lipstick