*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315102-How-To-Play-Kentucky-OutlawEm
Rated: E · Non-fiction · How-To/Advice · #2315102
A fast and fun playing card game of wits, strategy, one-upmanship, and a whole lot of fun!
Kentucky Outlaw'Em is a playing card game utilizing a standard 52-card deck based largely on Mixed Martial Arts fighting, and based loosely on the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game (CCG). The following are the official rules of Kentucky Outlaw'Em, which is a game I, myself, invented.

Objective: Win two out of three rounds by playing higher value cards than your opponent.

Players: 2

Dealing:

- The dealer deals 3 cards to each player face-down.

Gameplay:

1. Players examine their cards.
2. The non-dealer goes first.
3. The turn player selects a card to play face-up.
4. If the played card is higher than either player's hand, both players must discard lower value cards.
5. A round ends when a player cannot play a higher card, losing the round.
6. The player with the highest value card remaining wins the round. A card can be played on top of another card with the same value.
- Note: If a player has only 1 card left, they win as soon as they play it.

End of Round:

- Discard all remaining and played cards to the discard pile.
- Start a new round without shuffling, dealing 3 cards each. The dealer stays the same until the game is over.

Aces:

- Aces are trump cards, usually ensuring victory.
- An ace can only be played if it's the player's last card.
- If both players have aces as their last card, the one who plays last wins.
- If a player is dealt three Aces to their hand, they automatically win the round!

Duplicate Face Values:

- If two cards match in a player's hand, they're played or discarded together.
- If all three cards match, the player automatically loses the round. Except Aces, which in that case, the player with 3 Aces automatically wins the round.

Discard vs. Play:

- Play: Place a card face-up for the opponent to match or beat.
- Discard: Place unplayable cards in the discard pile.

Dead Cards:

- Cards lower than those already played are considered dead and cannot be played; they are discarded.
© Copyright 2024 Joseph D. Smith (josephdsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315102-How-To-Play-Kentucky-OutlawEm