*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315113-Bringing-Home-the-Princess
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2315113
Three people navigate a crowd to safely enter the residence where they will be safe


They moved through the trees towards the mansion with her between them. They moved slowly and cautiously down the path watching around them. The Merabirds called in the trees above them.
“We are almost there,” Bayleen said, “the policing party will be here in the next hour or two we need to get inside.”
“We need to get Pasha into the upstairs chambers before they arrive.”
They could see the abbey before them. The milling of people about the camps outside the front gates was discouraging. The crowd seemed to be preparing the evening meal in the center of the camp.
“If we skirt the camp to the west we can avoid most of the people.” Bayleen said taking Audreena’s hand. Pahas moved to his left side and the trio walked with their hoods up towards the end of the camp.
“Oh you're back!” Pasha called from the tent nearest the edge of the camp. “We have been waiting for you!”
Audreena looked up to see young Saharah approaching them.
“I did not see the policing force return yet I am surprised to see you!” Saharah said, looking around with caution.
“We have come home ahead of them,” Audreena said, “We have brought a guest who needs to get settled into her quarters right away. I must ask that you say nothing of our return as we were hoping to avoid notice for now.”
“Well then,” Saharah said, trying hard to see who accompanied them, “You can count on my discretion.”
“I will return to address your concerns as soon as she is settled.” Audreena said as the three moved away.
As they entered the gates Bayleen looked back towards the camp and noticed a cloaked figure looking in their direction.
“We are being watched and it’s not Saharah!”
© Copyright 2024 kat (katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315113-Bringing-Home-the-Princess