*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315168-Kyle-Rittenhouse-Runs-for-Office
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2315168
Kyle Rittenhouse Runs for Office


Kyle Rittenhouse Runs for Office


246 words

         Kyle Rittenhouse decides to run for State Assembly in a red corner of Wisconsin. Donald Trump tweets his support as do many republican leaders around the country who are convinced that he was an innocent victim of a justice system that has turned against normal Americans like Mr. Rittenhouse who was acquitted of murder charges in 2033 for the alleged crime of murdering two people during an BLM protest when he went to defend businesses from BLM rioters. He walked past policemen who gave him water and looked the other way as he walked down the street holding an Ak47 assault weapon he had used to kill two unarmed young men because he felt threatened. -

         the case divided the country. His supporters including Trump and most Republican leaders felt that he was an innocent victim of an out-of-control left-wing controlled criminal justice system that was going after normal white Christian Americans while ignoring the crimes committed by minorities, Antifa, and the BLM social justice warriors. White people were inclined to forgive him and see his actions as fully justified.

         Democrats were outraged that the jury acquitted him of all charges – and said the police would have shot Karl dead if he were black. Instead he was seen as a heroic figure on the right. Black people were aghast at the acquittal seeing once again that the criminal justice system was racially biased. and that he got away legally with murder due to White privillige. White people did not see it that way, noting that the victims were criminal elements, probably about to commit a crime which Karl was able to stop.

         in the end, it seems that the color of justice in America remains green and gold. Those with the green get justice as those with the Gold make the rules.. to the rest of us, we seldom get any justice at all.


On February 29th, 1692, the first arrest warrants were issued for three women in the mass-formation psychosis event that came to be known as the Salem witch trials .

As always, history is a bit more nuanced than the often biased "sound bites" and "tweets" we live with. Did you know:
* Six of the nineteen who were executed for witchcraft were men, including one priest.
* Roughly thirty percent of the accused were men
* The first accusation (the ones leading to the warrant on leap day of 1692) was made by a woman, and may have stemmed from a family feud!

History is never black-and-white; it's as complicated as the people who make it. The linked Wikipedia article gives just a glimpse into that complicated web of history, religion, gender theory, local economics, etc, all of which set the stage for the accusations and trials.

For tomorrow, write a poem or story about someone who is falsely accused of something seemingly outlandish, and yet their whole community finds perfectly reasonable that outlandish crime or action, and believes the accused to be guilty!

(E.g., imagine a whole town genuinely convinced that local citizens are being replaced by shape-changing lizard aliens from Mars...)


Kyle Rittenhouse
Explore
Kyle Rittenhouse is an American man who gained notoriety due to a tragic incident during the civil unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in August 2020. Here are the key details about him:

Background and Incident:
Name: Kyle Howard Rittenhouse
Date of Birth: January 3, 2003
Location: Antioch, Illinois, U.S.
Age at the Time of Incident: 17
Event: During the protests and riots following the shooting of Jacob Blake by a police officer, Rittenhouse shot three men, two of whom died, in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Weapon: He was armed with an AR-15 style rifle.
Self-Defense Claim: Rittenhouse testified that he acted in self-defense.
Acquittal: He was acquitted at his trial in November 202112.
Legal Outcome:
Charges: Rittenhouse faced five charges, including intentional homicide (which carries a life sentence).
Verdict: He was found not guilty on all charges.
Media Coverage and Controversy:
Rittenhouse’s case attracted widespread media attention and became a cause célèbre for right-wing organizations and media.
Following his trial, he attended events hosted by conservative organizations, met with former President Donald Trump, and appeared on television shows.
His likeness has been used on merchandise, including T-shirts.
In 2022, he initiated a fundraising effort to sue media outlets for alleged defamation and announced a video game called “Kyle Rittenhouse’s Turkey Shoot” to raise legal defense funds.
Early Life and Interests:
Rittenhouse expressed interest in law enforcement through social media posts.
He participated in programs related to law enforcement during high school.
His parents separated, and he eventually transitioned to online schooling.
He attended a Trump rally in Des Moines, Iowa, in January 2020.
In summary, Kyle Rittenhouse’s case remains a significant and controversial topic, sparking debates about self-defense, gun rights, and the role of armed citizens during civil unrest1345.
© Copyright 2024 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315168-Kyle-Rittenhouse-Runs-for-Office