*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315390-Something-in-the-Air-BNB
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2315390
Penny and Marsha get more than they bargained for at this AirBNB
“Great Air BNB Penny! I can’t believe we got it so cheap!” Marsha twirled through the front door, her arms extended.

“It – It was a deal.” Penny would not look her friend in the eye.

“What’s up with you? We’re on vacation! Sun, sand, cocktails, and a beach full of well-built men. Why are you do down? We’ve got a week of fun in the sun, girl!”

The door slammed behind the women. Marsha saw Penny’s face turn white.

“Wow,” she laughed. “Windy around here.” Marsha trotted into the kitchen. Whatever was wrong with Penny, she wasn’t going to let it bother her. “Look at these old portraits!” Marsha was no historian, but they were at least from the late 1800s.

“Shit, don’t touch those!” Penny grabbed Marsha’s arm as she reached out to touch the portrait of the beautiful blonde woman. Marsha jumped as her friend pushed her back away from the wall.

“What the shit show is wrong with you?” Marsha was getting mad. Why was Penny being so weird?

“Sorry. The owner said don’t touch any of the art.” Penny’s excuse was lame, but Marsha took it in stride.

“Hey, if you’re going to be like this all week, it’s going to be a long one. What’s going on with you?”

“This place is haunted.”

Marsha cracked up. Haunted! Brushing the tears from her eyes she saw Penny’s face.

“You’re freaking serious!”

“That’s why it was so cheap. I’m sorry.”

“No kidding? So we get beach time and we get to be ghost hunters? That’s so cool!”

“You’re not mad?” Penny smiled finally.

“Heck no! Hey, what was that noise? Let’s go check it out!”


Word Count 278
© Copyright 2024 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315390-Something-in-the-Air-BNB