*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315447-American-Theocrary
Rated: 13+ · Essay · History · #2315447
My Take on The Possibility of the U S becoming a Theocracy
I watch the news on the three main over the air television networks, we do not have cable. I also listen to news on Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) and I read a lot of reporting on the internet by trusted reporters. I have yet to hear, see, or read one analyst talk about the dangers that the Religious far right pose to the United States; which by the way I no longer see as united. We are at least two nations living under the same set of laws and interpreting those laws as each sees appropriate.

Back to my thoughts about the dangers of religion on our society. Firstly there is no doubt that the religious right desires to make this country a Theocracy. This has been a dream for as long as I can remember, even as far back as a child and I am now eighty-two years old. I hear a lot about the possibility of a Dictatorship government should Trump be re-elected especially, if far right Republicans get their way and install him for an eight year term. (It can be done if they control all three branches of government.)

What would a Theocratic government look like? I can only look at some religious events in history to get some idea of what it might look like. A return to the policies of the Inquisition would probably not happen, at least in the formative years of the New Religious World Order. However; I do not think such a move would be impossible. I think one of the earliest moves would be to impose a Religious, or Church tax into the Income Tax Code. After that they could make it legal for church officials to go door knocking in neighborhoods. And here comes the real sticker. Once it is possible to visit families to inquire about Church affiliation they could then legally remove children from homes of non-believers. If you think that is an impossible scenario, just remember that it has already happened. It happened with the Native Americans. So, there is no reason to think it could not happen to uneducated white, or black citizens who have no legal representation. After all there is already a large portion of that population in prison now who placed their trust in Conservative Public Defenders.




© Copyright 2024 HillBillyDale (wingrider234 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315447-American-Theocrary