*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315849-Responding-to-Your-Foot-Fetish-Hot-Takes
Rated: 18+ · Article · Erotica · #2315849
In this journal, I go over some comments some of you have about foot fetishism.
I had made a status update on DeviantArt in January asking you guys for any takes you had on foot fetishism. I intended on making it into a video, but since there were so few, it didn’t make any sense. Besides, you guys will read faster anyways. Let’s jump straight into it. There were seven given.

NewAgeGamma
“Foot massages need to be represented more in art. You’d think the one thing people who aren’t into feet can enjoy on both ends would be popular enough in the fetish, but eh.”

I’m not sure exactly how uncommon foot massage art is. It’s lesser than other varieties, but is it exactly rare? Regardless, what’s insinuated here is that massages should be more common in foot art, and I can’t disagree with that. Foot massages are very nice.

I think the reason it’s less common is because it’s so tame. Foot fetish content in general is very weird with its stigma. Often, things with feet are not considered “real porn”. You’d think opposite, especially with how certain sites make an effort to block even innocent feet, but I’ve heard this numerous times. And while your basic drawing of showing feet off is common enough to have been normalised, massages are treated like the weakest of all the potential actions.

They are a lot more common in writing, which I can only assume is because it’s easier to describe interaction than to portray it.

GhoastJinx95 (translated from Spanish)
“I believe I’ve expressed this before, but tickling is very overrated from my point of view. I simply don’t find it attractive, I guess because I’m more a fan of worship.

“And something that often shocks me is that many times I see other artists (I won’t say names) who have a great talent for drawing feet or people in bondage. But 80% of their content is tickling, and that wows me. The same goes for videos. I’ll see one with a beautiful guy or gal with very sexy feet but…there’s tickling. AGAIN.

“And another is hypnosis. I get very uncomfortable with the element of hypnosis in foot fetishism. It’s not simply a difference like with tickling; this makes me just uncomfortable. I guess because of the way the eyes are handled in drawings or how badly they act in videos.”


Two points to cover here.

Number one, tickling is overrated? Years ago, I would’ve been of the same mindset, but now, not so much. However, what you say about tickling is exactly how I feel about giantess content. You have these artists with incredible skills, many of their works appearing so painterly and detailed. Yet what do they spend it on? Drawing people so tiny they can’t interact with the feet, drawing people splattered all over the place like watermelons, or drawing a person crushing New York City.

Seriously, everything you’ve complained about with tickling can be applied to giantess content. Though at the end of the day, I understand disliking tickling. After all, I was like that at a point.

Regarding hypnosis, yeah, I’m not big on either. You know how some say that green stink clouds are too cartoonish and immersion breaking in foot drawings? I feel that way about the swirly eyes. If someone has to be under hypnosis, I prefer either unaltered eyes or a greyish tint. Think of Hinata from Naruto.

I’m not so bothered by the whole consent thing with hypnosis, but I will say that it is often boring in execution. It doesn’t matter much in drawings, but in stories, hypnosis often takes all agency and personality away from one character. It could work if the story was told from their POV, but it isn’t in my experience.

Maybe I’ll do a story in the future with how I would prefer it to be handled.

Smellain
“I love toe jam. Like, a lot.”

I’ve gushed about this nasty substance enough, so I don’t need to do it again. Naturally I’m in agreement, and it’s a shame the few artists who depict it do it in a way that genuinely makes me queasy. The silver lining is that I’m able to entertain myself.

When toe jam is depicted primarily black, with a twinge of green or some other dark shade, I’m good. When it’s so brown, like what Redscript does, I have to flee. I can’t explain why other than it taking me past my limits.

Finally, when done right, toe jam does make the feet look more appealing in my opinion. Some don’t like the “sprinkle” effect, which I completely understand. But I treat it like it’s a hot natural seasoning all over this grimy foot. A true dish.

RevSlam
“I remembered your video, and honestly I agree in wishing foot fetishism was more niche. Now everyone knows, and if a media shows a character’s foot for more than a minute, automatic foot fetish jokes come in. It gets old…”

This was inevitable with the expansion of social media in the early 2010s, but yes, it is annoying. There has been some good to foot fetishism being more known about. For example, some who would’ve been sceptical in the past are now accepting once they see not everyone is a creep. But I would prefer the fetish to still be non-mainstream.

As is, it sits in a very weird middle ground. It’s clearly acknowledged by many people and companies, as YouTube (RIP to my account) has been quick to silence a bunch of foot content since around 2016. Then you have all those women hiding their feet in photos on Instagram and Snapchat so that guys don’t make creepy comments on them, which is just embarrassing on the fetishists’ part. Unless the feet are the clear main focus, complimenting them just makes you look strange. In fact, a lot of blame can be put on many foot fetishists for the creepy obsession they get.

I don’t know much about the individual herself, but I know that Pokimane streamer would get a bunch of people requesting stuff with her feet. Maybe they think it’s funny, but it’s just going to annoy people after a good while.

I couldn’t care less about people making jokes about a show, though I agree that they get old very fast (something Dan Schneider would sure hate). I mean, it’s almost like everyone pointing out “sus” when Among Us was a thing, only this joke doesn’t have a cut-off point. Just “feet”.

And let me add something I might not have in those videos. As petty as it sounds, I always feel some discomfort watching or following any creator who mocks or looks down on foot fetishism. I’m not offended by a joke here or there, but when they want to make all foot fetishists look like creeps, then I just find it harder to watch that user.

hinderburg (translated from Spanish)
“Two things. One, feet and macrophilia. While I like macro, I feel in some cases that it ruins the experience and more the situation with the feet. It ruins some of the charm or the essence of the feet, and even more when combined with other fetishes like vore or crushing (I feel you’ll lose your drive if you’re not a fan of those fetishes).

“Two, foot and toe jam. I feel that these are themes that more foot fetish art needs, and I think it would make for more fun, like a game (in art or stories).”


Regarding the toe jam point, yes, absolutely. It is sweet, it is delicious, and I love combining it with certain foods. What often comes to mind is sweet potato pie for me, with pizza being right around the corner. Or even this unsettling thought of someone slurping up toe jam like it’s spaghetti.

And about your macro point, I’m not the best to comment on that given my aversion to the fetish. But I see what you mean. Like I said, a lot of the interaction properties are completely lost depending on the scale. If the smaller person is about the size of the foot, maybe a bit bigger, then there’s some value. Once the foot is big enough to rival the Empire State Building, it’s like, what are you doing?

On that note, I never thought about it before, but is vore always linked to sizeplay?

WickedVicky
“Obviously filth and mud are not getting enough of a space, but I am doing my best to fill up that niche. What I love about it is that it shows the progress, the job being done. When clean feet are licked, sure, there are traces of saliva. But nothing beats having dirty or muddy feet cleaned, showing the devotion and all the good job that has been done.”

I both agree and disagree. I agree in that I love the progress element of cleaning dirty feet, and the same applies to when toe jam is evolved. I mean, have you ever seen one of those videos on YouTube where they take a filthy electronic and make it look brand new? That’s the feel I get when cleaning a dirty foot, and there, it’s even more personal since you’re the one who has to clean the object with your mouth. The taste changes, you can slowly feel less and less gunk building in your mouth, and the sole colour gets quite interesting.

Where I disagree is with the mud element. I do not like that at all. The appeal is obvious, but it’s simply too thick for me to enjoy, to where it’d completely overpower any taste of the sole. I prefer dirt that’s more “baked” into the foot, even if it’s so black that some parts are impossible to clean with a tongue. Once you start getting chunky layers, it loses the appeal for me.

Continue to fill that niche though. Just like how I shall continue drawing females worshipping their male partners, as it should be. Heck, when you have a niche, people are gonna come to you more often for that.

Lamota43 (the reason many drawings are in Spanish)
“The tops of the feet are the most underrated parts and not that seen in art.”

Disagree on both fronts. They’re underrated, yes, but they’re rightfully considered lesser than other parts of the foot. What they have in aesthetics they lack in the texture or taste or even smell. The soles, like the palms of your hands, just have this unique sensation I cannot describe. The tops of the hands and feet are just regular skin.

Plus, I’d argue the bottom of the foot overall is a lot “cuter” or “hotter”. Whichever suits the scenario.

The tops are less common in art exactly because they’re not the main point of interest for foot fetishists. They’re more an interest for people who aren’t into feet, truth be told. Because that’s where the tattoos go, it’s the part you’ll see most commonly (especially with women in open-toed shoes), and the top of the foot grosses people out less than the sole. In some cultures, showing the bottom of your feet is disrespectful.

One thing I will say, however, is that I have a problem. It’s hard for me to feel fully aroused with feet unless I see both the tops and bottoms. Often as a child, I would bounce from video to video, but they wouldn’t get me hard at all. And I learnt soon that it was because they only showed the bottoms of the feet, and I had no idea what the toenails looked like.

That’s why in some drawings, I make it a point to have one foot have the tops of the toes visible, and another have more emphasis on the sole. It can’t happen all the time, but it feels incomplete if I don’t do that.

End
I’m glad there were few responses to the update, as that made putting this together a lot easier. If you have any strong thoughts you’d want me to respond to in a future journal, comment them on DeviantArt   or shoot me a message on this platform. I won’t make anyone anonymous, just know that much.
© Copyright 2024 VanillaSoftArt (vanillasoftart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315849-Responding-to-Your-Foot-Fetish-Hot-Takes