*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315962-Sole-Long
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2315962
A man wants to ditch his footwear.
I want to get rid of my shoes. Not because they're uncomfortable, or because they're the wrong style. It's because my boss has an identical pair, and I don't want anyone to think that I'm kissing up to him.

It was bad enough that he showed up last week wearing the same tie I'd worn two weeks earlier. And everyone in the office praised him, and oohed and ahhed like a bunch of teenagers going ape over the latest pop star. But when I'd worn mine, no one said a thing.

My shoes are pretty ordinary, except for the color. Kind of a dark brown, but with the slightest hint of purple. I liked them because they were different. And I like being different.

But wait a minute. All the guys, and a couple of the women, in my office wear ties. So why do I wear one? How is that different? I suppose I could wear it inside out, but that would just make me look stupid. And upside down isn't quite possible. So maybe I'll start wearing two ties at the same time. With clashing designs. But no. That'll also make me look stupid.

Wait. That's it. No one else in the office looks stupid. So why not me? As I said, I like being different. And voila. Just like that, problem solved.
© Copyright 2024 Dan I Am (mordee2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2315962-Sole-Long