*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316110-The-Whispers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #2316110
Your Sister is acting strange and erratic
Phoenix was in her room playing a video game on her switch which she did every night to decompress her sister wasn't home yet because she worked night shift,but usually she was home by now but to Phoenix it was really weird and concerning that she hadn't came home yet. Phoenix paused her game putting it to the side and grabbed her dialing her sisters phone number, and then putting the phone to her ear listening to it ring but unfortunately there was no answer. Phoenix hung up nibbling her lip a bit, which she only did when she was nervous. Phoenix's sister Avery always answered the phone when she called, maybe work was super busy, but her sister would tell her if she would be late or not. Phoenix decided to call her sister a few more times but there was of course no answer. Phoenix was starting to panic at that moment, she was about to call the Police before she heard the front door open and shut. Phoenix jumped out of bed and ran downstairs seeing her sister taking her jacket off hanging it up. Phoenix was about to say something to her sister when she heard her sister whispering under her breath, words that didn't make sense it was almost like a completely different language that Phoenix never even heard of. Phoenix didn't know if she should even touch her sister at that moment,but she needed to. "Avery" Phoenix said reaching out to touch her sister but before she could her sister spun around screaming out of fear holding her chest. "Damnit Phoenix you scared the heck out of me" her sister said going to the kitchen, Phoenix following closely behind her. "I tried calling you multiple times but you didn't pick up I was going to file a missing persons report" Phoenix said. Avery sighed grabbing a glass and grabbing some water "I'm sorry baby sis my phone died" she said. Phoenix sighed. "Okay but doesn't your job have a phone?" Phoenix asked, she just really needed answers because all that Phoenix had left was her sister. Avery sighed "the phone was down, look I know you were worried but lay off I'm fine that's what matters" Avery said walking past Phoenix making her way upstairs leaving Phoenix there stunned Avery never talked to her like that, Phoenix just brushed it off as Avery being tired. So at that moment Phoenix decided to just go upstairs and go to bed. Usually before Phoenix went to sleep she would read,but tonight she didn't want to,she just wanted to sleep, so she got comfortable and went to sleep. A few hours passed and a loud bang woke Phoenix up. "What the hell?" Phoenix said to herself. As scared as she was she didn't care, she went and grabbed the baseball bat from her closet and slowly walked into the hallway looking around to make sure no one had broken in, there wasn't broken glass from any window, she also checked downstairs but she didn't find anything broken down there either which was confusing because clearly something fell,as Phoenix continued to look around she heard the loud bang but this time it came from her sisters room. Phoenix hurriedly rushed upstairs to her sisters room, Phoenix went to open Avery's door but it was locked. Phoenix started to panic once again because her sister never locked her door. "Avery!" Phoenix yelled banging on her sisters door,but no answer came. Phoenix didn't want to do what she was about to do but she knew she needed to. Phoenix took a deep breath and kicked in her sister's door and what she saw made her stop in her tracks and drop the bat she was holding. Avery,her sister was sitting on her bed facing the wall and saying things like "No I won't hurt her and "Maybe I should to make him happy. Phoenix took a step forward seeing Avery's dresser on the floor, so that's what the loud noise was, this was definitely not normal behavior for her sister. "Avery?" Phoenix asked moving forward and Avery tuned to face her sister but her face was not her own it was wrinkled almost like she had aged years and her eyes weren't even her regular blue ones. "Avery what's wrong?" Phoenix asked. Avery laughed "It's time to say goodbye Phoenix" Avery said before lunging at her sister and then everything went black.
© Copyright 2024 Phoenix (heavensreaper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316110-The-Whispers